Volunteer-Trainee-Helper

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
GmbH

Volunteer-Trainee-Helper

Post by GmbH »

Hope that we will have a nice story to say about Volunteer , Trainee , Helper
[url=http://www.wantedthegame.com/?u=70287][img]http://www.wantedthegame.com/images/forum-signature.jpg[/img][/url]

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

I am going to talk about CService channel.
My past connections with it, before I volunteered my help, were very rare, as I didn't have joined pretty much.
I remember tho' I joined once and I liked the helping system they had, along with the ability to send messages to people within the chaos in there, by putting nickname : message. It was neat at that time.

Anyway, in the summer of 2002, I joined to ask a question, and I stayed there, idling, to watch and learn some new things. Then, I realised that answering questions is not that difficult. I started answering some questions. But nobody's perfect. I got silenced 2 times for 2 weeks, because I wasn't paying attention :)
Anyways, I still remember that in the first days of volunteering, I was joining and saying hello to most of the people I knew, and in the last days of volunteering as soon as I joined, they were saying hello to me. What can I say. Knowledge pays a good time :D

After 9 months of being a dedicated person in there, they promoted me. I thought they were kidding. There was a question like "Would you like to be a part of our team?". I thought it was a trick question. Finally, I answered yes, and here I am, a CService trainee, for 13 months now :)
Since I got promoted, I have kept up the good work, and I am still going to for a long time. It's one of my pleasures.

Anyhow, hope to read another interesting stories here
Etherfast

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Since #cservice is and will be my favourite, i`ll talk about how i joined it. Before volunteering, i can`t say that i`ve joined it, just for some questions regarding my channel, and a few X commands, but i wasn`t quite interested in lending a hand in there. Once, i wanted to ask something regarding the application for my channel, got a nice answer, and hang in there and watched. It felt kinda cool to see how ppl help eachother, it gives yah a sort of feeling that i didn`t find in any of my other regular channs. I`ve asked an operator if other volunteers aren`t a pain in the behind, and of course he replied that any helping hand is most welcomed. Welp, that was an encouragement for me. The next morning, i joined cservice to find the topic which announced us that c00kie passed away. Sadly i didn`t get a chance to meet a great person like c00kie was, but i know that she was such a nice woman which fully dedicated herself to improving undernet. After +m was removed from the channel, i`ve started answering the questions i knew, and so on...and i guess that i started liking it, and every day i kept answering more and more. It gave me a really important feeling, which was kinda cool and a bit new. So, after 7 months of volunteering, i was invited to be a part of cservice. I couldn`t belive my eyes at that time, but seems they weren`t joking...And so, i`m a trainee for a half an year now, and it`s great, i love what i do and i love helping ppl.
Welp, that`s the story of how i became what i am today
Cheers![img]http://forum.softpedia.com/style_emoticons/default/arigato.gif[/img]
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

Well I joined for the first time in cservice to ask why I couldn't get opped in a channel i had access (the classical low-level ban occasion). I kinda stuck arround there and admired the way volunteers cooporate and help undernet users. After a while i asked if i can volunteer there and mcready send me the known notice. But even if he gave me the nessesary information (that would been acceptable for an answer) he came to my private and help me a lot. He showed me the guidelines for volunteers and after some help he told me that if i had any questions i could ask him. Till today i keep spending a lot of time in cservice and i realised that its not just another help channel, is the help channel that people respect each other and in a friendly enviroment help the ones need help. It is a nice feeling, helping people withought waiting for a reward, you just do it for the good of your soul, it makes you fell better, it makes you fell useful to the world. It helped me know more about my character and i think there are more in IRC that just a place to have fun and joke around. I love helping people and will continue doing so (so be afraid :P)

Regards,
TheAbyss
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

Eh u wanna know my story EtherFast i don't know its like to complicated when i join the first time CService was in 2002 :) with a diffrent username however i asked for help a simple question, and i remeber how it was of course it was a question in romanian language i didn't know how to speak english at that time :) its "Care e comanda de logare la X" now lets translate in english somebody from here doesen't know romanian language What is the command to login to X however in 2004 month february and i was starting to helping unfortunatly i was giving wrong answers to users whatever and i didn't ask an op from CService like "hey i wanna help in here " and chaos told me to stop giving wrong answer and i said oki and then i /part cservice and then i was rejoining CService in june 2004 and i asked Chinnie if i can help and she said yeah of course if u are 100% for my answers and i said i'm 120% for my answers and till now i'm still helping in CService :) I like Channel Service its rock's, i feel happy when i'm helping an user on there :) i like it so much.
Best Regards,
SpYdeR-X
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

zeee

Post by zeee »

:D Interesting storys guys. Looks like i`m the lazyest of all 8)
I first joined Undernet CService in January 2003, after spending a lot of time in other networks CService, years.
In 2003 on Cservice i used another nick/username. Until 2004 i kept helping that way, i wasn`t so good and i was a bit ignored anyway in the last days of March 2004 i took a break of 3 months because some ISP problems.
In July 2004 i start helping with a brand new username (zeee) and a new nick `Zee . After a while i changed to Zee | [[Zee]] etc.
Since July 2004 some @s have noticed that i can do a good job !
That`s all for now, see you on IRC.

Regards
zeee.users.undernet.org

jasee

Post by jasee »

"WOW" :classic:

:devil:
"Gods do not suffer pride in anyone but themselves." - Herodotus

jasee
http://forum.undernet.org/

Forte

Post by Forte »

Like most of the trainee helpers, volunteer helpers and others i joined #CService to ask some questions and commands of X since he was a newcomer in our channel...it was september 2004 if im not mistaken. I agree when the topic is set "The Friendly X help channel" since it was the first thing i noticed. When i asked my questions i got answered immediatly and i really liked the system that was used in that channel. From that day on i joined #cservice twce a week and i just watched the activity in the channel. One day i decided to get more info on the chance to help in the channel and i approached kirin` and he explained me the procedure. i was excited at the idea of helping and tried to do my best. i learned a lot from operators and volunteer helpers. At the moment i got some personal problems and i cant join regularly but ill try to when everything will be settled...Helping other people is a wonderful thing and id like to thank all those who thought me all that i know. Cya all on #CService :D

Regards,
[FoRte]

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Kirin is a SHE ( http://cservice.undernet.org/people )
If you pay up a beer, I won't tell ;)
Etherfast

Forte

Post by Forte »

:classic: Ups sorry Etherfast and kirin`obviosly :oops: ...well u have to teach and correct me even outside #cservice...oh dont worry ill pay u as much beers as u want..Its always a pleasure for me :D

zippen

Post by zippen »

First I want to say hello to everyone :)
Next, I wish to tell you about my CService experience. I first joined CService in 2003 to find out who is X and why is he oped on many, many channels :) This was my first encounter with a network service. Since then, I read many docs about IRC and GNUworld and I began to find many things about it. As my knowledge growed I started to answer questions in #cservice as I saw many people doing this. But first I got 2 weeks of "vacation" (banned) because I didn't listen to ops.
Now I'm helping in #cservice when I have time, as I'm very busy in real life and other channels.
Mind of the wonderful...

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

I would just want to remember you all that you mustn't talk ONLY about CService here. For example, MrZipen, how about you would talk about your experience with #Dmsetup or maybe #nohack? I'm sure it's interesting ;)

On the other hand, SirAndrew, we asked for a story, not for a objective oppinion =)

Cheers
Etherfast

Forte

Post by Forte »

yep i agree with etherfast 101%...since we as volunteer helpers and all those who view this forum can 1st of all apreciate the work that these people are doin for the sake of UnderNet and can learn a lot from them and widen our knowledge :lol:

jasee

Post by jasee »

What does this thread have to do with CService Help? I mean, okay, it is somehow related, but isn't it supposed to be placed rather in the General Section?
"Gods do not suffer pride in anyone but themselves." - Herodotus

jasee
http://forum.undernet.org/

Forte

Post by Forte »

yep jasee you have absolutly right that this should be posted in the General Section...but i think that there are a lot of other helping channels apart from #Cservice which users and other guests would aprreciate to know more about...well the subject is "Volunteer-Trainee-Helper" so it let us to discuss not just of #CService but even of other chans...

Regards,
[FoRte]