Are You Being Annoyed On Undernet??

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
Cautious

Are You Being Annoyed On Undernet??

Post by Cautious »

Let's see If WE can list the people who annoys you on Undernet... Paste Logs! I will paste some interesting ones!

DumbGirL

Post by DumbGirL »

Cautious
we are not here to list our "enemies"
I don't think listing the persons we don't like would help, it would rather cause more arguments, and that's the last thing we need.
If I think about it. :confused: What annoys me are the lamers/hackers

You guys can go ahead and post things that annoys you on undernet, not persons. I wouldn't like to see my nick on somebodys list :D
You Only See What Your Eyes Want To See

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

I agree with Dumbgirl :wink:

sysc

Post by sysc »

that wouldnt be good.
kebab is yummy.

wensu

Post by wensu »

Cautious,

I have many things that annoy me, and one of them are silly posts, that has a sole aim to flame bait.

Maybe you should refrain from such topics in the future.

-wensu

[8]Mile

Post by [8]Mile »

:classic:
You opened like.. 4 useless threads :o

Now let's get on-topic.
[8]Mile

Irku

Post by Irku »

IRC should upgrade to virtual reality or something. :lol:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Cautious i agree with dumbgirl lemuel and the other and i have a suggestion for you! Create your own forum where you can say everything you want about your enemies! There`s no point in makeing public the things that annoy us! Other ppl will see them and start to annoy us too!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

Guyz, this is a really a neat way for the officials/admins/ircops to find out what u're are complaining about and what are you saying of them...This is NOT a smart way to improve u're relationship with one.. :roll:
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Can a moderator lock this annoying topic? :wink:
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

OzzY

Post by OzzY »

If you don't like a person's topic(s), do not reply to them. Just ignore his or her posts.
Ozan Güven aka OzzY

Who is a lamer? -> [url=http://www.lamerism.com/]http://www.lamerism.com/[/url]

t0urneviz

Post by t0urneviz »

the most annoying person on undernet is the server itself when my connection crashed and it gives me stupid "connection throttled" messages, what the f*ck is that for? it is very very very annoying, especially when you're in the middle of an important conversation

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

ERROR: Your host is trying to (re)connect too fast -- throttled....

An IRC server can only accept so many connections at a time from one host or IP address. This is a security measure against the various forms of clone bots and flood bot abuse of IRC, and is known as "throttling."

Problems with getting throttled accidentally may be caused by the fact that your client retries to connect too fast, Set up your IRC client to wait a period of 20 seconds before reconnecting.

If you're using mIRC 5.91+, you're in luck. As of version 5.91, mIRC now waits 30 seconds before a re-connect attempt if the server says that you were throttled for connecting too fast.

mIRC now looks for the word "throttled" in the ERROR Closing Link server message.

* Specific to Undernet:

Connecting 3 times in a row to an Undernet server within 20 seconds will get your IP throttled for 20 seconds.

You should configure your IRC client to try connecting to the next server in the group (ie Dalnet, Undermet, Efnet) to make sure that eventually your client will reconnect.

I hope this helps get rid of your annoyance.

Eenie
:)

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

sirAndrew wrote:Can a moderator lock this annoying topic? :wink:

All users are welcome to post his/her own topic on the FORUM, dont ask to lock this topic let the MODERATOR's judge it.

Thanks

lemuel :classic:

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Notice my "wink"
I ment that as a joke!.....thought we use icons for a purpose not just because they look nice!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org