BitchX

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
Se7ven

BitchX

Post by Se7ven »

I have been having problems with the client I used to use so experimenting with others that run on Windows. One such client is BitchX. When trying to install it I got a message indicating that I was missing the following file cygwin1.dll. I don't quite know whether to simply search for this file and place it in the proper directory, install Cygwin (and if so what spefic elements), or is there another option that I have not come across?
There is little documentation available not only on this point but on configuring this client.

kinlanda1

Post by kinlanda1 »

Cygwin1.dll errors are usually caused by instances that lead to the removal or corruption of the cygwin1 DLL file.

In some cases, cygwin1.dll errors could indicate there is a registry problem, or there may be a virus or malware issue.

Check out this site for more assistance: http://pcsupport.about.com/od/findbyerr ... -error.htm

Se7ven

Post by Se7ven »

For this dll file to be present do I not have to install one of the Cygwin packages? If so, which one would serve my objective? Or, can I simply create the directory "C:\cygwin\bin" and copy the dll file without the installation of any of the packages?