Setting Up an IRC Server

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
mitekcomputers

Setting Up an IRC Server

Post by mitekcomputers »

What are the general steps say, if someone was willing to offer up a dedicated server as an IRC server to be tied into the Undernet. I am asking to see what protocolx should be followed, how you would apply, and generally things of that nature.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction as to what is needed and expected I would be most appreciative. Any FAQs, reads, forums ... whatever.

I am extremely serious about this.

Thanks.

Mitek

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

http://routing-com.undernet.org/index.php?mode=docs - All the information on linking a server to undernet.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

mitekcomputers

Post by mitekcomputers »

Thank you. Much appreciated.

Mike

xplo

Post by xplo »

With Google you could have found this by yourself too :)
Just type "How to setup ircu"
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

vasyakrutoy77

Post by vasyakrutoy77 »

mitekcomputers wrote:What are the general steps say, if someone was willing to offer up a dedicated server as an IRC server to be tied into the Undernet. I am asking to see what protocolx should be followed, how you would apply, and generally things of that nature.

If anyone could point me in the correct direction as to what is needed and expected I would be most appreciative. Any FAQs, reads, forums ... whatever.

I am extremely serious about this.

Thanks.

Mitek

What is "IRC server"? Where can I read more infornation about this?