firewall

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
christma

firewall

Post by christma »

How do I bypass my university firewall to use limewire and second life? I am a student who lives on campus at a university whose network has a firewall that does not allow me to use programs such as limewire and second life. Is there anyway that I can bypass this? How do I do it?

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

christma wrote:How do I bypass my university firewall to use limewire and second life? I am a student who lives on campus at a university whose network has a firewall that does not allow me to use programs such as limewire and second life. Is there anyway that I can bypass this? How do I do it?

Now why would anyone here tell you how to cheat? Your university has set that policy for a reason, and I am pretty sure you agreed to abide by their TOS when you connect to their network.

If you want to access sites your university disallows, I suggest you get your own Internet connection and use it.

~Eenie
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

rachel

Post by rachel »

You should complain to your residential network. You're paying to live in the dorms and there's more to college than studying. It's totally unfair that they're blocking Second Life. Everyone needs a little recreation and Second Life can connect you to educational institutions as well.

MrEen

Post by MrEen »

rachel wrote: It's totally unfair that they're blocking Second Life.

You have absolutely no idea what unfair means, do you?
The bigger fish.

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

SSH tunneling.

Thats how I get passed port restrictions and firewalls at my university.

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

Second life? lmao. That reminds me about Hot Tub Machine, what a great movie. There was that kid who was actually living his life in a basement playing Second Life. He had no personal life.

I highly recommend you to socialize more with people in real life rather than playing that game or you will end up like that kid. :P
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

JJay

Post by JJay »

I would follow what eenie said don't break the univeristies TOS but make a complaint to see if they maybe get 2nd life to pass through. Limewire you can forget it for 2 reasons, 1 it will eat up their bandwidth and 2 most of the downloads aren't legit and contain viruses and spyware which will infect you computer and possible spread to others on your network as you start sharing those infected files.