What Would Your Funeral Song Be?

here you can make posts that do not belong in other forums
helpathand

Re: What Would Your Funeral Song Be?

Post by helpathand »

my funeral song would be completely off the wall either Fear a'Bhata (Capercaillie) or perhaps dougie maclean with this love will carry. but that's just me.

NoMorePain

Post by NoMorePain »

I'd go for the old fashion hymn AMAZING GRACE so people will cry.

It would seem a lot of people are sad I have passed away. :lol:

karlblue

Post by karlblue »

Michael jackson Thriller or these days by powder finger

WuzzyG

Post by WuzzyG »

To make people cry even more I guess I would choose "time to say goodbye"

danforum

Post by danforum »

Death comes to us all so why be morbid?

For me, something along the lines of "Always look on the bright side of life" by Monty Python!

chris21

Post by chris21 »

Right up til I read the last post, it was gonna be 'Whiter Shade of Pale' Procul Harum or maybe 'American Pie' by Don Maclean (which allows a good long time for weeping and wailing). THey've both got difficult or obscure lyrics whereas 'Always Look on the Bright Side' is dead easy to follow.
So, on reflection, I think I'll have all three with 'Goodness Gracious Great Balls of Fire' as a finale on the assumption that I'll be going down rather than up. Also it's quite a good joke if you're being cremated.

linao

Post by linao »

My funeral song would be either one of two songs: Beethoven's "Moonlight Sonata, 3rd MVT" or "Whip My Hair" by Willow Smith. Man, don't judge me. That's a schweet song lol.

popeyepete

Post by popeyepete »

Definitely the song would be "Here Comes the Sun" by The Beatles. After all if it's my favourite song in life, then it will be my favourite song upon death.

jennyknight

Post by jennyknight »

It would have to be the Morecambe and Wise version of Willie Nelson's "Bring Me Sunshine".
(Most British posters will know what that is!)

It would bring a smile to everyone's lips. After all, a funeral is (in my mind, at least) supposed to be a celebration of life and not a sad occasion. In my experience, the people who are sad at funerals tend to be sad for themselves (what they're going to miss now the person has died) rather than for the deceased.

But let's hope it's a long way off for all of us! :P

KrobinSong

Post by KrobinSong »

I would choose Second Floor by Foxy Shazam, if you have never heard of them then give them a listen there are incredible!

Strack

Post by Strack »

My funeral song?
Well, I'd go for a loop playing of "Don't Cry", "November Rain" and "Patience" by Guns and Roses!!!

mutinus.mutunus.

Post by mutinus.mutunus. »

Frank Sinatra

The summer wind came blowin' in
From across the sea
It lingered there to touch your hair
And walk with me

All summer long
we sang a song
And then we strolled that golden sand
Two sweethearts and the summer wind

Like painted kites, those days and nights
They went flying by
The world was new beneath the blue
Umbrella sky

Then softer than a piper man
One day, it called to you
I lost you I lost you to
The summer wind

The autumn wind
And the winter winds
They have come and gone
And still those days
Those lonely days
They go on and on
And guess who’s sigh`s
His lullabies through nights that never end
My fickled friend,
The summer wind
The summer wind warm summer wind
Mmm the summer wind
[img]http://sodenbowl.com/images/avatars/nfl/seahawks.png[/img]

hfmittag

Post by hfmittag »

I Shall Be Released by Bob Dylan. It's so good, dead or alive.

danlangford1

Post by danlangford1 »

ArtyWilson

Post by ArtyWilson »

I hadn't planned my funeral song or program yet. I love music of all sorts, so I guess your post has given me something to really think about. A friend of mine who played country slide guitar and had a small studio had a CD made for all his friends at his funeral. That was nice ... appreciate your post. Thanks ........ Once I've got it sorted I'll let you know.