Forum Suggestions

Post your comments, ideas and bug reports about this website here.
FasTK|LLeR

Post by FasTK|LLeR »

simba wrote:if it uses he undernet colours :)

sure :wink:
Past Undernet webmaster
Past Class Tutor

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

angelic1:
Please think about the users with browsers that do not support CSS . Ok, using tables is not advised, but there are many things that are not according to html standards, but still have to be used by webdesigners coz there is no decent alternative for it. For example using <frameset .. border=0 ...> , border is no valid tag according to w3c's html validator, still it's the only way to truly make framepages use no border at all. Not even the CSS codes can help you here.

Ok, there are only a few users left that still can't parse CSS, but think about users on PDA's wanting to view the page. A site has to be compatible for several users, even if it forces the designer not to follow standards. They are standards, not rules, and regarding this the designer is free to choose whether he should follow those standards or not.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

karlife

Post by karlife »

yeah you're right
#*(_$&@#(*$&#!@(*$&#@*(_%&$@*(%&#@!_(%&#!*(%&@#$(_%&@#$*(&@!+)%@#(%*@#$^)(#)@(%|#@!+)%(!|#+^#!|%#!_+%))#%(#@+$|%)$|%)($

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Just thinking if enableing the creation of polls in the forum for regular users is a posibility, now i think it comes enabled as a default but for some reasons regular users can't create polls. Is this a choice the Admins of this forum took, if yes i would like to know why ? and what are the chances of geting it back, let aside the abuse, i don't think that is a major cause of why it has been desabled for users.
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

People easily forget that we ALL are GUESTS in this IRC network and all its resources, which include the forums. You don't like what you have ? you want more than there is currently ? Go set up your own IRC network and forums and customize it at your entire liking.

W3bmaster

Post by W3bmaster »

cArLiLLoS wrote:People easily forget that we ALL are GUESTS in this IRC network and all its resources, which include the forums. You don't like what you have ? you want more than there is currently ? Go set up your own IRC network and forums and customize it at your entire liking.

in my opinion.. he's right! we dont need some fancy things, the forum is just a way to communicate... THE CONTENT OF THE MESSAGES IS IMPORTANT :classic:
Proud to be romanian

Kaac

Post by Kaac »

As a friendly suggestion, I think Shoutbox would be nice. I am too lazy to explain what this means, but I am sure the ones advanced in phpBB forums know. The sad thing is it would be lame, somehow, as some lame kids might enjoy flooding. But that would be nice... Somehow.

SuSSpEkT`

Post by SuSSpEkT` »

Kaac wrote:As a friendly suggestion, I think Shoutbox would be nice. I am too lazy to explain what this means, but I am sure the ones advanced in phpBB forums know. The sad thing is it would be lame, somehow, as some lame kids might enjoy flooding. But that would be nice... Somehow.

A quick replay addon can be added.
My software never has bugs, it just develops random features

simba

Post by simba »

Razvanet wrote:Just thinking if enableing the creation of polls in the forum for regular users is a posibility, now i think it comes enabled as a default but for some reasons regular users can't create polls. Is this a choice the Admins of this forum took, if yes i would like to know why ? and what are the chances of geting it back, let aside the abuse, i don't think that is a major cause of why it has been desabled for users.

This was something I set for moderators only due to the lame polls which would be created. Things like "What is your favourite drink"

All things on the forum should be IRC related and i know for a fact allot of people would abuse it.

skiler

Post by skiler »

In my humble opinion, there is a great huge work behind the entire http://www.undernet.org web interface forums and resources.

The Undernet Webmasters have done a great work i think, keep it up mates.
sKiLeR_FZ
Undernet User Committee Member

Irku

Post by Irku »

Why does this forum never change ? Are we stuck to this obsolete version of phpBB ? Arrr Are the forum admins 70+ ? :-? :evil:
It needs THEMES.
There are lots of mods.. cool mods (aka hacks for phpBB).
Someone should check phpBB's official site.

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

irku: a forum should be functional, the reason why there is only one theme is for the reason it suiting the layout of the site.

yes, there are some 'cool' hacks present, but the hacks could have flaws, thus such things need to be heavily debugged before usage to prevent lamers trying to hack the webserver.

the webmasters regulary check phpBB's website for info/updates etc.
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

Irku

Post by Irku »

yes, but not even ONE mod visible ?

answer

Post by answer »

it's very nice now
the wind of change !

simba

Post by simba »

Well,

We've upgraded and spent lots of hard work on the forum since this topic was opened.

Spam has been reduced, the forum admins / moderators have done a fantastic job and its an important part of the network.

Any suggestions for this forum?

S