Cservice Live typo

Post your comments, ideas and bug reports about this website here.
v0rgasm

Cservice Live typo

Post by v0rgasm »

There is a typo on the Live interface of Cservice. It reads ...

Remember: Nobody from CService will ever ask you for your password, do NOT give out your password to anyone claiming to be CService.

"ever" should be "never". I don't know how long this has been this way, but if the message is important enough to be the first thing a user sees when he logs in, it should be important enough to be done right.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I don't think you understood to well. What you said is wrong. Cservice is absolutely correct in grammar and not only. :wink: If they would say ever instead of never that would be grammatically incorrect....

So CService don't mind this...you are right !
Keep up the good work !

Best Regards,

P.S. :Corrected version ! (Thanks Eenie)
Last edited by Razvanet on Mon Jun 16, 2003 12:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Remember: Nobody from CService will ever ask you for your password, do NOT give out your password to anyone claiming to be CService.

This is correct. It means Nobody from CService will ask you for your password, period. If the 'ever' were changed to 'never', there would be 2 negatives in the phrase and 2 negatives make a positive. The meaning then would be that someone might ask you for your password. I hope you understand this concept now. :)

Raz: When you are discussing grammatical and structural issues, you might want to check your usage as well. Your "'to' well" should have read "too well," 'absolutly' is spelled 'absolutely,' 'grammer' is spelled 'grammar,' and you totally forgot to finish your second sentence! In the third, 'gramaticaly' should be 'grammatically' and 'incorect' is spelled 'incorrect.' May I suggest you use any of the wonderful online dictionaries before posting about grammatical errors? :)

I hope this ends this topic.

Eenie :)

Talyn

Post by Talyn »

If we want to be absolutely grammatically (and professionally) correct "nobody" should be changed to "no one." So there! :)

Stefano

Post by Stefano »

yeap,
"never" should be put if "Nobody" didnt exist. 2 neg. = positive :)
Stefano Sordini

kid

Post by kid »

Both versions are correct.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Yes, but one is better then the other...so why not make it the best !
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kid

Post by kid »

It's not what's good or better that counts, it's what correct and what's incorrect. In this case, both are correct so the administrator of the CSC web page can decide to change it or not. Seeing that most CSC members don't like changes, I do not see that happening.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I belive that, as i can see my self they don't like changes...who knows for what reason....i don't think that is good... :-?

kid

Post by kid »

Why the heck isn't that good ?!

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well first of all because it looks bad and boaring, second, many things are not up to date and give wrong information....if you don't update it once in a while it will be like expired...maybe if it would have some good information, there will be less lamers...in my opinion :wink:

v0rgasm

Post by v0rgasm »

Now that I read it again. The original seems right. I guess I didn't think before posting. Still though, the message is confusing. They should just say ... Cservice will never ask for your password. ESL and Non-English speakers might not understand it correctly. I've used English all my life, and I needed a double take.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

v0rgasm wrote: I've used English all my life, and I needed a double take.

As i said before, you are absolutly right, this is very confusing even for those who speak english in the daily life. I tryed to tell this to cservice...but as you can probably see yourself they don't like changes at all.I doubt that they will do anything to make the page more user friendly and to update some more...

kid wrote:Why the heck isn't that good ?!

-this is one more answer to your question kid !

If you can't still figure it out why this is not good, then i'm sorry!