The forum & the site..

Post your comments, ideas and bug reports about this website here.
puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

The "rules are meant to be broken" is the lame excuse of a person who knows he/she has done wrong but doesn't want to take the responsibilty for it. Keep up breaking the AUP if you really want proof that even the forum has a ban feature. The rules are NOT to be debated or selectively followed; either obey them, leave or suffer the consequences. Or perhaps you would like the forum to start banning IPs for registration like CService does?

Homer

Post by Homer »

first moderators and admins should keep order or else don`t blame who broke them.

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

Sorry, you're wrong; moderators and admins are not supposed to act like cops or to wander around the forum cleaning up others' garbage. Before any message gets to the forum, it passes through a person's brain - that's where the message has to be shaped and polished using common sense, politeness and respecting the rules. People posting must be educated to learn how to use the forums correctly in the first place, the content and form of their messages are their responsibilities. Forum members are the first who need to learn the rules and follow them.

angelic1

Post by angelic1 »

Something appears wrong with the Forums.

On the General / IRC help forum, the "last post" shows:

Code: Select all

Thu Jan 01, 1970 12:00 am

with no username. This happened yesterday with the Channel service help forum.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Kind Regards,

Angelic1.

Homer

Post by Homer »

then the rules are there for nothing puterfixer, if admins/moderators won`t care about it and keep everything with the rules there won`t be any problems, if the admins/moderators who own the forum won`t care why should we?

so you`re saying that if you are a manager director of a factory you`ll let you workers do what they want?
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

LordChris:
You seem to be missing the point, it is the responsibility of the users of this Forum to abide by the AUP, period.
If you do not agree to it, do not post here.

It is your choice, and your consequences.

Eenie

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

:-? i won't even start commenting about the "worker/company" thing, however, as employe and u start working in a company, you get the house-rules listed either by paper or by oral-communication.

Now since you 2 are nicely chatting to eachother, and i will use the word "nicely" in some shadow-landscaped-surrounding, do know that you both have parts right.

The forum has rules, yes, i agree and we should also follow them, including the AUP. While Registering with the Forum it's even there, now they have put it on the bottom of the website so u can always check it out.

However, admins/moderators on the Forum are not cops, puterfixer is right, people have to think before posting and that line has been told a few times before in several postings, on the other hand, the admins/moderators are doing this voluentary, we can't expect them to watch the forum 24/7 every second to see if someone posts a bad word, acts lame.

Hmmmm, well i'm out of text ... but i give you both right on some parts. That is my conclusion.

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

angelic1 wrote:Something appears wrong with the Forums.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

i kind of noticed that ... that sure happens alot lately... even on this topic

Website feedback Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

odd stuff going on :-?

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Well Christmas is almost here and on the undernet website it`s snowing, and the forumhas a holiday look.

Congrats to the webmasters! :lol:
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Homer

Post by Homer »

ZeroSlashe® wrote:
angelic1 wrote:Something appears wrong with the Forums.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

i kind of noticed that ... that sure happens alot lately... even on this topic

Website feedback Thu Jan 01, 1970 1:00 am

odd stuff going on :-?

Thats error appers when a topic and/or subject is removed, and then the forum can't know when the last topic and/or subject was last posted, so it displays a bogus dd/mm/yyyy

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

I see, thanks :)

And i definitely like the forum"skin", gives a good mood on the board ;)

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

Cool nice theme for this holiday season..

Great job :wink:

simba

Post by simba »

Shame the other Undernet websites don't join in also :)

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

I love the new snow theme! its great i hope you do something simular to have in normal seasons ;P like an UnderNet theme instead of the phpbb silver one
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

Homer

Post by Homer »

I wish it's snows where I live too :D