Webchat and /quote pass xxxx

Post your comments, ideas and bug reports about this website here.
zooznz

Webchat and /quote pass xxxx

Post by zooznz »

Hi,

I use the webchat here on undernet.org, and it's great, i just have one issue with it.

Sometimes when I get disconnected or whatever, and I reconnect, I'm asked to type the /quote pass xxxxx, as I do when I use mIrc or AndChat from my cellphone. However in the webchat, I dont seem to be able to actually type this in succesfully anywhere !

am i missing something ?

Sabin

Post by Sabin »

zooznz wrote:Hi,

I use the webchat here on undernet.org, and it's great, i just have one issue with it.

Sometimes when I get disconnected or whatever, and I reconnect, I'm asked to type the /quote pass xxxxx, as I do when I use mIrc or AndChat from my cellphone. However in the webchat, I dont seem to be able to actually type this in succesfully anywhere !

am i missing something ?

Hello. /quote pass xxxx is a security measure for newyork server to prevents unidentded clients to connect automatically to server ( is used to prevent bots to connect ). You should try to connect on another server using command /server servernamehere , you can find a list of all undernet servers to section Servers.

xplora

Post by xplora »

Webchat is a fairly limited chat client, it does not have a /quote command, and probably do not have a /raw command either, the next best thing you can try is just /pass xxxx and if that doesn't work, see if you can get the webchat client to try another server. I'm not sure if that is even possible with webchat. :(
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Tirupati

Post by Tirupati »

Webchat will really increase the website vistor to client