cservice website down since a week or so...

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
xplo

cservice website down since a week or so...

Post by xplo »

i was woundering myself, what is happening to the website.

#cservice Welcome to Channel Services - The Official X Help Channel - Website is down due to MAINTENANCE (NO TIME SET FOR ITS RETURN) - Email is: cservice@undernet.org

its not maintenance for sure. it takes 20 minutes to anyone to reinstall this website. or maybe an hour to fix a bug.

it would be fun to know what is happening For Real in some other posts, some people are saying that the user count on the network dropped. then some are saying undernet is dying. now, our ONLY service is offline (website) and the usercount is still dropping...

question #1 what is really happening to cservice.undernet.org and routing-com.undernet.org
question #2 when are we gonna have unrealIRCD ? *G* <-- long time dream :p

-xplo-
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Your post is leading to non-sense discussion.

Both websites work just fine now. If it says they are down due to maintenance it's as simple as that. Maybe your focused thinking translates "maintenance" as "reinstall" which is absolutely non-sense. Maintenance can mean reinstalling the operating system, updating the kernel version, changing hardware, updating the postgresql, or anything. But of course you've jumped into conclusions that maintenance means "reinstalling the website". Obviously both websites were down because they were on the same server. Regarding unrealIRCD, your discussion is pretty UNREAL !!! We've got ircu.

Best regards! ;)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

xplo

Post by xplo »

you made a point :p
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

xplora

Post by xplora »

Topic moved as it is not cservice specific...

1. the firewall for both sites has been heavily worked on, as this firewall is part hardware it resulted in the websites being down or slow, for some users they may still not be able to access the websites.

2. unrealircd has too many features undernet simply does not want. (and in my experience is not very reliable, however that may have changed)

trennor

Post by trennor »

>>Both websites work just fine now

Not on my system - I've been trying for the past 5 days, all I get is a browser timeout while trying to access the channel site. #cservice says "some people can access, other's can't." They cannot or will not explain why some can get on, and others cannot. I'd like to know why, but as usual, no-on can provide answers.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

trennor, I guess xplora already explained - it's because of the hardware firewall.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]