Cant connect to Undernet

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
fauxpas1900

Cant connect to Undernet

Post by fauxpas1900 »

I have been unable to connect to Undernet for many days now.

irc.undernet.org (connection timed out)
eu.undernet.org (connection timed out)
us.undernet.org (connection timed out)

The only server i can connect to is elsene.be.eu.undernet.org but this server says "(No Authorization - use another server)"....

What is the problem?

I have tried all the servers in http://www.undernet.org/servers.php but they ALL are timing out....

Please help.

See

Post by See »

All you can do in this situation is call your internet provider and tell him about the problem - ask him to make some verifications.
Sometimes internet providers block user access to undernet, why? don`t know but the best thing is to ask for verifications.

You can also try to connect via web client from http://www.undernet.org and see if you get the same error.

Good luck
CService volunteer
Usernames operator
#Class Tutor

I`m Clubbin!

fauxpas1900

Post by fauxpas1900 »

I just asked a friend in the USA to ping 'irc.undernet.org' and 'us.undernet.org' and she says 'request time out' to both.............is undernet working????

She uses CABLEONE and is based in Kansas, USA....and us.undernet.org was timing out for her....so was irc.undernet.org and eu.undernet.org.

xplora

Post by xplora »

traceroute would be better, all the servers are firewalled against things like DoS attacks, so pings will never work :(,and better test even for them is to actually try to connect. in the end the advise to check with your ISP is still the best advise.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

MartYanu2

Post by MartYanu2 »

xplora wrote:traceroute would be better, all the servers are firewalled against things like DoS attacks, so pings will never work :(,and better test even for them is to actually try to connect. in the end the advise to check with your ISP is still the best advise.

Yes, you are right.

C:\Documents and Settings\MartYanu2.ANDREI>ping -t undernet.rdsnet.ro

Pinging undernet.rdsnet.ro [62.231.74.10] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 62.231.74.10: bytes=32 time=2ms TTL=61
Reply from 62.231.74.10: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=61

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

xplora wrote:traceroute would be better, all the servers are firewalled against things like DoS attacks, so pings will never work :(,and better test even for them is to actually try to connect. in the end the advise to check with your ISP is still the best advise.

Apparently not all undernet servers are firewalled
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

Xaifas

Post by Xaifas »

Acctualy pings gets to the severs ... and DoS`ing is not all bout ping ! ;) acctualy DoS is ussless, DDoS thats another thing :classic:
[url=irc://eu.undernet.org/uus][img]http://img380.imageshack.us/img380/1828/signaturejn6.gif[/img][/url]

xplora

Post by xplora »

Xaifas wrote:Acctualy pings gets to the severs ... and DoS`ing is not all bout ping ! ;) acctualy DoS is ussless, DDoS thats another thing :classic:

Obviously if you are at the same ISP, a ping will get through, as for DDoS, it's still DoS, because the extra D is just defining the type of DoS... (Distributed) Denial of Service

All the servers are fire-walled, however since they are all hosted by different ISP's each ISP set's up their firewall in their own way. ;)

-- tip, don't nit pick with me, I'll out nit pick you any day :P
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

The ongoing discussion is on THIS topic.

Tip of the day: topic closed. :)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]