[General] mIRC

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
Razvanet

[General] mIRC

Post by Razvanet »

This topic is for all Undernet users who use mIRC ,If you have any questions regarding commands of any kind (mIRC) you can post them here.mIRC is a great client and i hope soon a new version will be released!
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

kenv

Post by kenv »

I think "General / IRC help" forum covers topics about mIRC help too.
I don`t think u posted in the right Forum.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

You might be right..but anyway i don't think there is a special topic for mIRC anywhere on this forum. mIRC is very important for many users...this topic is for your opinion on it and not only....so i think the topic is in the right place !
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

\cpt\

Post by \cpt\ »

Razvanet wrote:but anyway i don't think there is a special topic for mIRC anywhere on this forum. mIRC is very important for many users...this topic is for your opinion on it and not only

kenv says that you didn`t posted this topic in the right forum, where it was... in "General posts", not that you "duplicate" a topic or something...

After it moved, you can say now 8) :
Razvanet wrote:....so i think the topic is in the right place !

However i`m glad too see a topic where you can discuss about mIRC, as u said this topic will be very helpful for many IRC users.

bgw

Post by bgw »

mIRC and all the different connnection problems, with cable.... ect

\cpt\

Post by \cpt\ »

bgw wrote:mIRC and all the different connnection problems, with cable.... ect
captain me.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I have used mIRC for a long time now and i never had a connection problem.

\cpt\

Post by \cpt\ »

Seems that users prefer websites specialized in mIRC help :wink:
No help requested so far? :cry:
Maybe users don`t need help, maybe the don`t have problem with their "popular" irc client?

\cpt wrote:as u said this topic will be very helpful for many IRC users.

I misinterpreted, my mistake :oops:
captain me.

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

I'm pretty sure people would like an immediate answer to their problem, which is why they will ask in #mirchelp or #mirc before coming here. Also, most questions will require further information, a long dialog may be needed between the person and the helper, and the forum is simply too slow for this.

\cpt\

Post by \cpt\ »

Bingo!! 8)
captain me.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I don't know how many of you know, but i thought it would be interesting to post it here. It's about the mIRC Stats program, it's realy cool and interesting...it converts the logs of your channel into stats, besides it's free and easy to use...btw i think it only works with mIRC chat client :wink:

So if you want to see it or even try it go to: mIRC Stats

P.S. I hope this is not considered spam !

Regards,

JeepC77

Post by JeepC77 »

Hmmm interesting.... :o

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM d-- s+:- a- C++ UL P+ L++ E W++ N+ o-- K- w
O- M V PS+++ PE Y+ PGP t 5 X+ R tv-- b++ DI++ D+
G e++ h r- y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

OzzY

Post by OzzY »

i am agree with puterfixer too. And mIRC's offical forum is ( http://trout.snt.utwente.nl/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php )
more useful.

but here we can recommend some useful addons etc. like Razvanet.

btw, i want new version.
what about to celebrate mIRC 6.03's first birthday? last 21 days.
you know it released on 16th August 2002 ;)
Ozan Güven aka OzzY

Who is a lamer? -> http://www.lamerism.com/

Bay

Post by Bay »

Other than people quoting eachother without any additional comments this topic has pretty much nothing to offer. If a user needs mIRC help and decides to ask on the forum (which is not really likely to happen anyway) he will do so if there is or not a topic asking him to ask.
And as puterfixer said, online help channels are much faster and more accurate, the forum is not as dynamic.
Besides, most questions asked can probably be answered if the user actually reads the help files that come with mIRC.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Finally, what you have been waiting for is here ! A new version for mIRC (6.1) has just been released.There are some changes and improvments in this new version...but i wonder can you still use it for free after the 30 days free trial...you could with the older versions...but i just have a doubt about the new one...well we will see... :)

Enjoy,