[General] IRC Operators - Lot of abuse!

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well in this is different. It's wrong because it affects out network negativily, why do ircops do this ? easy : to get revange...or just to have fun .The only problem here is that there are no logs. But do other people think ircops abuse ???? do they have logs ??? This are 2 other questions that i am looking forward for an answer
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

caesar
Location: Iasi @ .ro Real Location: Behind you! Sexual Orientation: Damn Straight!

Post by caesar »

Stop accusing ircops for nothing. If you have any logs to prove your words then do so, else stfu. Is an ircop wants you out of it'server then your out from it's server.. will give you a kline, nothing more, nothing less. As far as I remember I don't recall any abuses from ircops, just from users.. so keep up the *good* job kids, mess around with the with wrong people and you'll findout what is an kline if not an gline. ;) Have fun? You got to be kidding.. Acusing without proof is like eating s**t for breakfast.. so, enjoy your meal dude.. ;)
Blame not on stupidity what is best explained by ignorance..

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

Whether or not IRC Operators are abusing their power, would be irrelevant. However, when people think IRC Operators are abusing their power, it gets serious. Such rumours might endanger an IRC Network. It doesn't even matter if they are abusing or not. The rumous spread, and then users will be afraid of joining Undernet. Now, I think people ought to be a little more careful with what they say. Such false rumous might be harmful. Don't acuse someone for anything without being sure of it. And should there be no proof, maybe other IRC Operators and Server Administrators should keep their eyes open? Could never hurt. But it should still be kept on a "silent basis". It doesn't nead to spread around the entire world. That would only cause damage.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

As you said a network with Abusing IRCops is NOT good, don't worry the world won't find out about this...hopefully the network will break a new record this year for number of users...I will stop acusing ircops with no prove. But as i said many times before there is place for more improvment, users,ircops,network sites....so let's work together in macking this place a BETTER place....Regards
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Kahr

Post by Kahr »

Oh. Well said, Razvanet. This is exactly what I have been trying to say in about every other post I post. 8)

skiler

Post by skiler »

I thing there is nothing else to say about this matter until a log file comes to the party and help to clarify the problem. IRC Operators are doing a great Job, and if a few of them are abusing, we are not allowed to do anything about that or made any comment, im really sure that some Unet Official is taking care on this matter, i mean take a look at the entire organization, im sure that some Official is taking care believe me. If there is something to say or to do about this, it´s up to them. ***BUT*** if anyone of you ppl have a log file to proove the abuse, then send it inmediately at abuse@undernet.org

Yours
sKiLeR_FZ
Undernet User Committee Member

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

IRC Operators are doing a great Job, and if a few of them are abusing, we are not allowed to do anything about that or made any comment, im really sure that some Unet Official is taking care on this matter, i mean take a look at the entire organization, im sure that some Official is taking care believe me. If there is something to say or to do about this, it´s up to them.

Why do you say that we are not allowed to do anything or comment on this? The point of this thread is that we are NOT as you said "really sure that some Unet Official is taking care on this matter, i mean take a look at the entire organization, im sure that some Official is taking care believe me. "

Yet, I must restate my position that most IRC ops are good people who dedicate a great deal of time to make undernet a pleasant experience for all of us.

Eenie
:)

Last edited by Eenie on Thu Jun 12, 2003 12:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Yes Eenie, you are right most but not all !!!