[General] About undernet names servers

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
undermaster

[General] About undernet names servers

Post by undermaster »

There are................ invisible on 29 servers <-- mean undernet is composed by 29 servers, so why aren't listed all with each one with his admin & IRCops.

If you do a search http://www.undernet.org/servers.php -> you will find just 17 servers listed, http://help.undernet.org/faq.php?what=serverlist -> also 17, so where is others 12 servers and their names ?
What about IRCops, how many are they and each server which are the admin and their IRCops, also what are they nicknames........etc
a lot of question -> Curiousity Kills the Cat :o)

xplora

Post by xplora »

the other 12 servers consist of, X, another oper services server, and the hub servers that clients can not connect to. the 17 listed are the only ones that have admins/opers and that clients can connect to.

So all of the servers you are asking for are listed.

These 12 servers are also for various reason kept private, per what is commonly known as CFV-165 a vote by the Undernet Administrators to hide information clients do not need to know in order to protect the network, information such as hub servers, services servers, and the locations of both.

ie from trying to use /map on irc:
3:47:57 AM: /MAP has been disabled, from CFV-165. Visit http://www.undernet.org/servers.php

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

This problem has been discussed over and over again.

It`s normal not to understand what kind of servers are those, when you don`t know the basic about a network. In order for a network to exist, 2 or more server must be linked. To be linked, one server must be the hub and one the client server. The hubs of a network are not ment for user connection, they just link to ore more public servers. The hubs are private so they won`t be flooded, ddosed and not to have lag in order to provide users a better connection on the network.

Also services, like X, oper services, dronescan, an any other service you might think one connect to the network as a server...so that adds more servers to a network list.

Hubs and services servers are none of your concern. If you want to find out more about that, learn some ircu, gnuworld, networking basics. You`ll find answers to all your missunderstandings...

What do you think? That undernet has special servers for special people like ircops, admins, "helpers" as some of you like to refer to yourself or others that volunteer in god knows what help channels. No. Trust me, undernet wants the best for it`s users and that`s why it is so hard to link a server to undernet. Because undernet chooses the best for it`s clients.

As for the operlist well that must be kept private too. Let`s say you`re a lamer and you hate an ircop. If you`d know what server he has his o:line you`d try to ddos it to limit his power. Some opers were removed because they were ddos targets....Ircops are not here to help you, they are here to keep the network clean and stable. So leave them to do their work, and start thinking....

For many of you "think" is a unknown word.

Not so respectfully,
sirAndrew
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

undermaster

Post by undermaster »

Hi,

xplora, thanks for your answer, now i understand.

sirAndrew, First of all, if you want to remove the topic do it ( you're the moderator ) and no need your offencive.

I thank you for the first part of your explanation, the second part -> ((If you want to find out more about that, learn some ircu, gnuworld, networking basics. You`ll find answers to all your missunderstandings... )) that why i asked.

(("helpers" as some of you like to refer to yourself or others that volunteer in god knows what help channels.)) I never said I m a helper so why are you refering to me, have any problems with me ?

(( Let`s say you`re a lamer and you hate an ircop )) dont refer to me please, use the general, please (( let's same some is lamer.....)) respect to be respected. (( Ircops are not here to help you, they are ...)) who said i need a ircop, and please use again the general not refer to me.
((and start thinking.... For many of you "think" is a unknown word )) refer to you, not to me, if you have any problem with me just /query me and you will get the answer.

if you dont like topic, remove it and no problem,and finally make/take the offence to yourself.

N.B: if you dont like my posts remove them, or better remove my account.

((Not so respectfully)) The respect is what make a man -> man .
COMISAIRE25

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

I don`t have any problem with you except maybe the fact you need to be thought to use the Search button.

Second of all if you didn`t know the pronoun "you" in english is for singular as well as plural. I wasn`t refering only to you, but to all users that open useless thread for subjects that have already been discussed on the forum or that ask useless questions...
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.