[Help] About Channel Modes

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
mok

[Help] About Channel Modes

Post by mok »

hÉyYa all
we have lost op, on a channel. I had gone to #zt , #nastrand , OperHelp , #HelpChan channels for help, but I didn`t got helped.. there are no active helpers, or there are no opers online.. I know IRC ops are not for moding channels, but only they have access for it, why are help channels so neglected? What can we do in these situations? Currently I can get more help, how to get flood bots, how to use mIRC exploits, how to takeover channels, then how to get back my channel, how can I register it, etc.

IRC is just for fun, but to have fun it is needed that somebody control the network, and take care about that..

mok

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

mok, if you have logs like a proof, they will help you. If it was a takeover I recommend you #arlington or #zT . I am sure they will help you if you have logs at least for the last 10 days (where you have op).

Good luck,

Mit 8)
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

mok

Post by mok »

You don`t understood it,Mitko, what i have been written there, read again :D
They help, but they are online once a week.(with few exceptions)

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Undernet is a non-profit organization. Help channels and its members are helping for free, they are volunteers. They help when they have free time. You must be patient and wait for your turn.

That's all.

Mit 8)

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

#arlington doesn't help with giveaway situations (takeovers), they help only opless channels. Same as #helpchan. As one CService Aministrator made a pool recently, #zT is the best chance you have. If it's a bit inactive lately, it's still your best chance.
Good luck :satisfied:
Etherfast

toolz

Post by toolz »

#Nastrand ROCKS - you can get help from there too with such a problem, and they are more active than #zT, keep on trying and good luck.

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

toolz wrote:#Nastrand ROCKS - you can get help from there too with such a problem, and they are more active than #zT, keep on trying and good luck.

Toolz...are you on the same network as we are? Cause....#nastrand is the most inactive mode help channel there is on Undernet. Both members and ircops don`t join it or join only the back-chan....The only sure thing for #nastrand is that Feds is always there!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I belive this topic ain`t about oper channels activity, and i dunno if we should really comment much on it, even if it were. An ircop`s main job is to keep it`s server connected, the reops/modes part is just optional for him, so he can`t really be blaimed for that
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

mok

Post by mok »

If the mode channel was created, and the IRC Operator decided to help users/opless channels, then this is his "job" too in his free time, am I right?

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

volunteers/helpers/opers were not paid to HELP users and everyone got a life so just wait until they have vacant time. The best thing to do is ask your question and then be patient.
I love Maria Katrina Rey

mok

Post by mok »

I think, nobody understand my question :) i know all things you wrote here, but now I got the answer from an IRC op, so just forget what I wrote.
Have a nice chat!:)

xplora

Post by xplora »

lemuel wrote:volunteers/helpers/opers were not paid to HELP users and everyone got a life so just wait until they have vacant time. The best thing to do is ask your question and then be patient.

exactly so, even #CService is lucky to be manned sometimes, however my comment now is getting off the topic, which is already in the wrong forum, topic moved.

P4rD0nM3

Post by P4rD0nM3 »

Then why so many help channels if they can't even maintain to help their usesr. ^^ Why not all of them join #help, why should there be #helpbarbies or #1337help or #omghelp channels...

Disclaimer: Those channels don't exist (Except #help). Just makin' a point.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

What a bad idea. Then #Help will be chaos and noone will get the help. Please don't talk non-sense. And #help is not helping with modes, #nastrand #zT #arlington and few more are.

Doa

Post by Doa »

i don't see how you can lose it if its registered , just use X ?