[General] Botlending

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
StarteR2

[General] Botlending

Post by StarteR2 »

This thread has been opened by me because the other thread that i opened was totally o topic and many people posted just to say they did.

To get to the point. I have read many & many & many threads saying that botlending channels are ruled by jurks, others say by newbies, others say botlending channels steal CC (btw what has CC with botlending?). I've seen many critics, arguements, many people trying to protest... why dont YOU Cservice just give us a chance? to improve ourselfs? to show you that we are not a gang of idiots having bots placed on channels and making takeovers.

Botlending Trusted Channels is a IRC Project runned presently only on Undernet. Its mission is to gather botlending channels that can be trusted. Its like regestring a channel only its botlending. To register a channel the channel manager should prove his stability, his work, and his implication in botlending. Botlending Trusted channels has other subprojects... on-line channel database, statistics, tops, coding, transaltion, doc arhives etc etc. We tranlate articles from English to other langueges to make life easyer.

If you think we accept any channel ure wrong. VERY Wrong. To be accepted in this team You must:

A Botlending Channel Ruled over 2 months
Pass the pre-checking status (one month)
Pass the Checking status (one month)
Pass the pending status (one month)
Be a good team worker... not just the manager... al the team must do somethink for botlending, translate docs, be a coder, advicer etc.
You can get rejected for any litle stupid think you've done.
Channels that take are suspended/rejected for 2 months for the first take. The nest one is rejected for sure.

It's not easy to be a member i can tell you. For example me... i had a good chan #L&D... botlending, i was a member after a great hard work & implication... i had a great global team that helped users.... cservice glined me and purged my chan. Now i restarted my job. With another channel name. I know have only 10 bots to lend cause i dont want problems. I tried to register my chan and saw rejected cause botlending and never tried again... nor i will, cause xplora is right... why we botlending channels need X? after all i can take care of my chan no need for X. But imagine all other people that cant & just cant register a chan. Feel ureself in their place and tell me is that Fair?

We have a nice eggdrop script that protects very much channels... anti flood anti color strict op anti take blablabla i can continue for 2 days. Our users are very happy with our service. YES you heard me. Many channels are glad to have a bot from us. You undernet people try to make ure network the best? so users can join it right? Well users like us. And when their channel gets purged for abuse deop and banning our bots they come back with a milion of excuses only to have thei bot back.

Here is my statistic:
[20:17:05:07] (bot1): I am totally 10 channels
[20:17:05:08] (bot2): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot3): I am totally 11 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot4): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot5): I am totally 15 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot6): I am totally 11 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot7): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot8): I am totally 9 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot9): I amy totally 15 channels

My statistic aint fake . If you think i invented this you can msg me always at StarteR2 and il show you in private

Trust me... if i was a newbie/jurk/lamer and take people wont come to me to take a bot. As you can see my bots are on over a hundred channels. Now imagine all botlending... over 1000 channels... may be more.
I already dont know what to say to show you we arent jerks ot w/e. We are volunteers that waist out time/money for this job. Please Think befor saying no. Cause i know you can say no

If you accepted our channels (member channels) we would be more efficient.

I also heard from xplora that only server admin can decide if botlending can stay legal right? So if botlending trusted channels links a server to undernet would that be cool for u guys?

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

The topic has been discussed over and over again, there was a botlending service a good one #userservice SUPPORTED by ircops and it was put down because undernet does not and will not agree with botlending channels. Where do you want do go? What`s your point? In your little mind did you sow any Server Admin from undernet on the forum? I haven`t!!!

Einstein said that 2 things are infinite in the world: The universe and human stupidity!
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

sirAndrew wrote:In your little mind did you sow any Server Admin from undernet on the forum? I haven`t!!!

This is really rude... I'd SAW a Server Administrator on the forum, so maybe you should SEE better sirAndrew ?

no effence, the forum is a 'place' for discussion.

Regards.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko

StarteR2

Post by StarteR2 »

I apreciate your support Mitko thank you very much.

Dear sirAndrew, if you have somethink againt botlending you should tell me a reason, because i knwo you are a dirty liar. a&a never made takeover. Trust me it didnt :) and if it did i wont join undernet anymore.

I know a lot of people read behind lines. I try to explain that there is an advantage in botlending. The biggest is that we have online databases with articles doc & stuff that YOU dont have. Our bots are better then X in the Script. There is plenty you can do with them.

So everyone else who has an objections i require LOGS. If you have no logs you are so well as ignored by us + considered liar. I know it has been discused but i didnt show my part in that.

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

I never stated that #a&a took over any channel. But this problem was discussed with an Cservice Senior Administrator and he told you undernet is against any botlending channel. What do you expect? You can convince undernet Admins to change that rule? Ya right! Dream on dude.

Mitko i`m not rude i`m just with my feet on the ground. This is the 3rd botlending thread, 2 were closed because the subject was been discussed what more could we say about this?

And remember #a&a at the moment is an illegal channel. Don`t make me post a complaint about it and get it purged.
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Here is my statistic:
[20:17:05:07] (bot1): I am totally 10 channels
[20:17:05:08] (bot2): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot3): I am totally 11 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot4): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot5): I am totally 15 channels
[20:17:05:09] (bot6): I am totally 11 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot7): I am totally 12 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot8): I am totally 9 channels
[20:17:05:10] (bot9): I amy totally 15 channels

There are 57654 users and 79038 invisible on 34 servers
101 operator(s) online
50 unknown connection(s)
50400 channels formed

How about the rest of 50.000 channels? your scripts are better but can your bots join that amount of channels and can they handle te amount of information X has to deal with every day? And remember X has it`s own server and still gets lagged! What about your bots when they get 10 maybe more commands per second?
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

Hyper^

Post by Hyper^ »

And remember #a&a at the moment is an illegal channel. Don`t make me post a complaint about it and get it purged.

The channel #a&a isn't registered so it can't be purged.
Watch out your attitude! Follow the white rabbit...

StarteR2

Post by StarteR2 »

So you tell everyone that a&a is lamers & take over and you never saw it? u are a dirty liar and nobody should trust you. All you can do is blablabla this is iligal botlending.

If you were more smart you wouldve read what everyone sais. xplora told that its server admins job to take desicions, it aint csevrice who is against botlending. I host 100 channels, a&a does * and all the botlending about *. So keep your mouth shut.

If it would be legal i could host up to 4000 chans.

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

StarteR2 wrote:Our bots are better then X in the Script. There is plenty you can do with them.

Yes maybe, but they can't carry so many channels like X. They are better in the Script but what if you put them in 1.000 channels and if 1.000 users are /msg-ing them per second ? They will get lagged and quit "Excess Flood". :) BUT those bots are useful for the users to protect their channels from flood, spam, colors, advertisment and etc.

StarteR2

Post by StarteR2 »

You are so very right Mitko. I'l explain :) X is not really a bot, its part of a software. We dont have the priviledge to creat a bot that can join 200000 chns u see. About flood your right also... that why we try to optimize the script and not allow NON identified users to msg bots.

Some lame people gather a dozen flood clones and message our bots at the same time. So we have to think of ideas of auto ignore or somethink. We are out of problems with flood now. The script is Indeed very powerfull (il show you if u want).

Any other questions here pls :)

P.S. Some users having X still ask for our bots cuz of the script :) tahts my point.

TheAbyss

Post by TheAbyss »

X is +d (deaf) and cant see channel messages and thats the reason some persons use bots, so they can use commands that affect the channel, or protections about text (that X cant see). The reason is that X will be very lagged if it wasnt +d. X has it's own server so it gets disconnect only when the server quits. Furthermore X is a free service runned by volunteers who want to make the undernet better.
~ He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an Abyss, The Ábyss gazes also into you. ~

tommytee

Post by tommytee »

In conclusion:

Bot lending is not welcomed on Undernet. 'If you guys' ( the owners of such channels) didn't abused so much probably you were tolerated, but since too many bot lending channels flood, takeover etc (the best example a&a ) such channels cannot be welcomed anymore.

In some /motd's you can see that, friendly bots are welcomed as long as they are not used for abuse purposes :)
If you need a bot get X, stop argueing on a subject that has already been over discussed ;)

Best regards, tomMytee.
Gunned up and clapped quick..

sirAndrew

Post by sirAndrew »

Starter2 i never said #a&a was lame or that it took-over channels, learn how to read and stop makeing me a liar and other things. I`ll contact a moderator to clean up your post as it clear that you haven`t read the Forum Acceptable Use Policy.

At the time that #a&a was registered it was illegal as Cservice does not alow botlending channels to have X because such channels don`t need X. As you said you think your bots are better than X so you don`t need it.

I`ve been tring to say the same thing in 3 thread as Mitko and Tommy said in this one. But i was a little rude, and i was rude because you people don`t understand that botlending is not allowed on undernet and by lending bots at this moment you perform an illegal activity on undernet. Think about it.!

Best regards,
sirAndrew
Nr.1 No-botlending on undernet Fan
sirAndrew @ Undernet.org

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

TheAbyss wrote:X has it's own server so it gets disconnect only when the server quits. Furthermore X is a free service runned by volunteers who want to make the undernet better.

First of all, is *X* connecting to his own server ?
GNUWorld Services wrote:GNUWorld is an IRC pseudo-server. This means that it is an IRC server which does not accept client connections. Its purpose is to provide services to the network and its operators and administrators.

btw, 5 years ago I was helped by #userservice so my channel was protected while the registration proccess. sirAnswer the Question is: Undernet doesn't allow botlending channels OR the Channel Service doesn't allow ? Think about that too

Regards.

Homer

Post by Homer »

Mitko wrote:
TheAbyss wrote:X has it's own server so it gets disconnect only when the server quits. Furthermore X is a free service runned by volunteers who want to make the undernet better.

First of all, is *X* connecting to his own server ?

GNUWorld Services wrote:GNUWorld is an IRC pseudo-server. This means that it is an IRC server which does not accept client connections. Its purpose is to provide services to the network and its operators and administrators.

Haven't your question been answered in the GNUWorld Services that you have just quoted?

Mitko wrote:btw, 5 years ago I was helped by #userservice so my channel was protected while the registration proccess. sirAnswer the Question is: Undernet doesn't allow botlending channels OR the Channel Service doesn't allow ? Think about that too

Regards.

Read what xplora said in the section Channel service help.
Its logical, bots run on servers not on CService. So the ball is in Server Admins hands
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you!