[Help] Prevent DDOS attack.

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
lemuel

[Help] Prevent DDOS attack.

Post by lemuel »

prevent from being ddos? but how? specially it happens on IRC...
Last edited by lemuel on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cArLiLLoS

Post by cArLiLLoS »

DDOS in mIRC ? you may have meant in IRC ? DDoS attacks come from OUTSIDE IRC and it's impossible to PREVENT them unless you can accurately SEE the future.

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

sorry for that post is edited..
Last edited by lemuel on Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

Don't irc, unplug your modem, thats the only way to be sure no DDoS will hit you
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

well, if theres no other way OUTsider maybe i can do that.......

BaZz

Post by BaZz »

There is no real solution for that, especially for a home user. You must have big firewalls, big lines, etc, to be quiet, and even with that, you can be in trouble sometimes with some !@#$ script kiddies.
-BaZz-
[0] infected! Advertising infecting web sites. Clean this computer! http://www.moosoft.com http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Irku

Post by Irku »

No ofence guys but.. LoL
Have you already gave up ? We're talking about annoying script kiddies here, right ? No brain, no self respect, mistreated by parents, bad childhood.. you know... Doh, I never got infected! And I never will.. unless I want to. That's one thing I'm sure of.
In fact, with the new bugless systems, you have to be stupid to become host for a drone.
Well known firewall, well known antivirus, msconfig, regedit, maybe a packet sniffer.. and kiddies will have no chance with you.
And don't tell me about the money you must spend on the licenses!

BaZz

Post by BaZz »

Well, in that case, I don't think we talk about "hosting" drones without knowing it (that, I agree, is to be DUMB), but we're talking about receiving packets from it :)
-BaZz-
[0] infected! Advertising infecting web sites. Clean this computer! http://www.moosoft.com http://housecall.trendmicro.com/

Changed

Post by Changed »

Irku wrote:No ofence guys but.. LoL
Have you already gave up ? We're talking about annoying script kiddies here, right ? No brain, no self respect, mistreated by parents, bad childhood.. you know... Doh, I never got infected! And I never will.. unless I want to. That's one thing I'm sure of.
In fact, with the new bugless systems, you have to be stupid to become host for a drone.
Well known firewall, well known antivirus, msconfig, regedit, maybe a packet sniffer.. and kiddies will have no chance with you.

Haha .. I like you .. but .. never be sure about what you just said ...
Belive me .. there is no machine, no server, no nothing that is SECURE, never got infected? .. I dont think so .. you are infected right now .. but you dont know it ...
try SpyBot Search & Destroy and show me the log .. even if it's a single registry key, a single file .. you CAN be exploited, even when you are connected to any website you CAN be exploited ..
Yeah, true .. you cant be infected if you are offline and never insert a CD or Floppy in your PC .. no way else.

Take care:) .. you never know who has the remote control...
:P
Just another guy

Changed

Post by Changed »

Packets from a drone? .. um .. I doubt it ..
DDoS atack is not on IRC, the problem is that someone does a whois and then flood your IP, why dont you try //mode $me +x . after you log in .. It should do ..but take care .. your IP can be find out before you log in .. so do a default nickname ex: "ashydf" , log in , mode +x and then change your nickname .. I always do that ..
And yeah .. the only way to escape a DDoS atack is unplug your cable or turn off your modem
also .. dont type any stewpid command on your IRC, dont hunt bots, dont argue with drone owners .. and so on ..
Just another guy

lOrdlUcK

Post by lOrdlUcK »

hello users all i can say that's the dos attack is anucking and adead ping
and u can protect ur self from it by making
1-st u must have afirwall
2-u must have anti nuke
that's will make u good and try to find any script have nuke protection and have afirwall iwad made one but iwill try to get it to u soon couse i was made it from long time ago

lemuel

Post by lemuel »

ok gotcha thanks for all the informations you shared.

Jay`Z

Post by Jay`Z »

Irku wrote:No ofence guys but.. LoL

:roll: Heh, maby you could say about a person that he/she has "no brain" if he/she can't power up a computer, and be sure that script kidz can do much more than that.
Heh, think you`re superman? You can use your "well known firewall" as toilet paper if someone DDoS`es your little "cablelink" or whatever with 200mbps.... :o oh did I say 200? ..I think < 1mbps will do just fine. :wink:

Cheers,
"All people have the right to stupidity but only some of them abuse the privilege"

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

Jay is right, Firewalls don't help against DDoS, maybe it's time to read some documents or books on "what are DDoS or DoS, What harm can they do, Am i well protected with a good firewall, what can i do to stop them?" ;)

P.s: i'm not saying that out of sarcasm or that i know better, i did read a chapter from out a book about DoS and DDoS, believe me, it's rather good to know :)

To

Post by To »

Best advices:

1. Keep your computer updated
2. Have a good anti-virus
3. Get an add-ware scaner if the anti-virus doesn't have it.

Or just use a decent OS :wink:

Tó

Gentoo Linux user
Cservice Official Helper