[Help Connection] banned for excessive CIDR connections

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
Necrolyte

[Help Connection] banned for excessive CIDR connections

Post by Necrolyte »

Hi... what does CIDR mean? and what can I do not to be g-lined anymore?

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Good evening,

CIDR stands for Classless Inter-Domain Routing.

As soon as a /24 IP class exceeds 256 connections, it gets automatically glined for 1hour.
/24 is a C class netblock. ie:
banning *@192.168.0.0/24 is the same as banning *@192.168.0.*.

Therefore Undernet supports only 256 connections from the a /24 IP class.
If you're using a bouncer, contact the shell admin to fix this issue, or wait an hour for the G-line to be removed.
Etherfast

ThundrbltMN

Post by ThundrbltMN »

I have the same problem. It has been 2 hours since I was G-Lined. I manage a channel and I would like to be connected. My roommate and I have a max of 4 connections between us. I have a SEEN bot, and she has a trivia bot. We don't hang out in the same channels.

I have been chatting on Undernet for 11 years, and have owned a channel for 6 years.

xplora

Post by xplora »

best to email abuse@undernet.org about g-lines, give them your IP address, the time of the G-Line, and the full reason, so as to help them find the g-line in question.
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

xplora stated:
best to email abuse@undernet.org about g-lines, give them your IP address, the time of the G-Line, and the full reason, so as to help them find the g-line in question.

Make sure you add that information as an inline paste. Do not send attachments to you email.
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

nanobob32

Post by nanobob32 »

Is this what's happening to me when I try to connect to the Undernet IRC? I haven't had anyone reply to my forum threads in regards to issues I'm having when it comes to connecting to Undernet IRC. I downloaded a MAC address changer and a free proxy, if I use both of these will it prevent me from getting blocked for whatever reason? I don't want to get permanently banned for attempting to connect too many times.
Advertising on Google is costing my small business too much money. Where can I find a company that specializes in seo Chicago listings? PM me if you have some recommendations for my e-commerce business. kratom | survival seed bank