[General] Download music/software/game/etc...

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
truforlife465

[General] Download music/software/game/etc...

Post by truforlife465 »

i kinda new but my friend pat had showed me this at work and he showed me that u can download ne thing off of IRC and i have no clue if someone can show me the way to i would appriate or trade something for the way to get stuff off IRC. appriaciate it
queball

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

The Undernet network it doesn`t deal with those things... if You`ll see anything like that on this network, remember it is forbbiden and against the rules... So, due AUP, no help/assistance/advice about Your criteria !
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

truforlife465

Post by truforlife465 »

well i have people tell to come to undernet to get stuff and people told me other places but i didnt know how to get there soo it might be illegal but its there and i just want to know how to get there .
queball

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

IRC IS NOT A FILE SHARING PROGRAM.

If people would tell you to go and rob a bank, would you do that? Use common sense; is it worth risking a few years of your life for downloading a pirated copy of a program or an album? Is saving 15 bucks on an audio CD worth paying a $150.000 fine and possibly doing jail time as well? In case you haven't heard: the law enforcement agencies are present in ALL file sharing/trading programs, supplying fake files (broken ones, just a hizz or noise) but logging your activity so THEY CAN BUST YOU. Agents are already hiding on IRC too. Most other networks closed down channels involved in illegal activities, and people who frequented them got a nice and long police record. Why people can't understand that MUSIC/SOFTWARE PIRACY IS ILLEGAL until one of their friends or themselves get arrested? Chances are the "friend" who taught you about this is already being kept an eye on. I wouldn't call a friend someone who teaches me to break the law. If that's how you want to go about in life, it's your choice - but don't ask other's to help you with it, because that will make them accessories to your crime.

Oh, and one more thing: I understand people who are so desperately hungry that they will steal a piece of bread to stay alive, or steal some clothes or even packaging foam to keep themselves warm. That's the instinct for survival. But stealing software or music has absolutely no excuse. If you don't have money for a program, you shouldn't own a computer. If you can't buy a CD, listen to the radio. If you're too cheap to reward the work of a software's author, you do not have the moral right to benefit from his efforts. The issue here is not how much money that software developer is making out of it; nobody questions YOUR salary and your work either, and you feel entitled to get paid for it, right? People like you are the filthiest kind of our society. Even that hungry, dirty homeless bum is way above you.