[General] Romania Servers.

Ask your general or IRC related questions.
wannie

[General] Romania Servers.

Post by wannie »

I supose never :devious: .. but..
:roll: I'd like to hear some oppinions
wanderrer
Cservice member
it has been said : " at the end.. all we have left is ..... hope"

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

Well they will have another one...when someone from Romania will think about having there server linked to the undernet.I'm not sure if the routing committee will accept any other server from Romania though.

Regards,
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

evi|one

Post by evi|one »

There are two questions that need to be answered:

1) is bucharest.* overloaded
2) is there another ISP that has the capacity to host an undernet server

Many of the romanian ISP's are upstream RDS (they depend on if for bandwidth), and r-com won't consider those applications (because RDS already hosts a server)
I am a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.

jasee

Post by jasee »

The Routing Committee Rules and Regulations (available in the Documents section of the http://routing-com.undernet.org ) clearly stipulates the Redundancy of an IRC Server in a generally small geographical area. Should the Romanian users be in need of a yet another server, I'm sure RDS will find out a sollution to this. Bare in mind not even 10% of the Undernet users are living in Romania.

P.S: This is a purely speculatory reply and does not represent the opinion of an Undernet entity, be they a Committee or Official.
"Gods do not suffer pride in anyone but themselves." - Herodotus

jasee
http://forum.undernet.org/

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Bare in mind not even 10% of the Undernet users are living in Romania.

Just curious how you come up with that figure. Care to tell us?

Thanks,
Eenie
:)

Razvanet

Post by Razvanet »

I know i'm not the one suposed to answer...but if i took a guess it would probably be more or less same as jasee "10%" romanian !

Regards,
Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what you want to be because you have only one life and one chance to do all the things you want in life.

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Razvanet:
I was not asking about a 'guess.' Jasee was making a statement, not a guess. I want to know where he gets such information.

Eenie

puterfixer

Post by puterfixer »

New servers will be linked when companies or private investors will decide it's worth spending a few thousand dollars a month on hosting a dedicated IRC server, its bandwidth requirements and administrators. If you want a new server, you're welcome to financially contribute to its existance. There are several other ISPs in Romania, even bigger than RDS, but you don't know they exist because they only offer sollutions to large corporations, not the "insignifiant" home user.

On the other hand, I'd be a happy chatter if Romania would create its own IRC network, with servers all over the country, so Undernet will be freed from stupidity, "hy", flooding and all those bad things .ro brought to this network. DalNet will probably support this idea too, because they will no longer be the lamest network on the Internet; that place will be taken by the .ro IRC network.

:devil:

K8oard

Post by K8oard »

puterfixer wrote:DalNet will probably support this idea too, because they will no longer be the lamest network on the Internet; that place will be taken by the .ro IRC network.

I agree with You 100%, but a lot of Undernet users have beeing trying to make their own network, it doesn`t work... with only, at least 7.000, anyone, please correct me if I`m wrong, there was no Romanian network bigger than 7000 connectiona at the same time, including 2000 clones and 3000 bots...
Muzik,...It`s my life...!!!
[img]http://www.djk8oard.com/logos/DjK8oard2.jpg[/img]

jasee

Post by jasee »

To answer Eenie's question, asking will always bring you answers. Won't say more. Do bare in mind there are more Dutch folks on Undernet. There are, aswell, more Turks/Belgians/Canadians than Romanian folks. Might appear odd, but the reason we think there are more Romanians is for we pretty much make ourselves remarked, be that good or bad. Please, do take numbers as estimations, since I have no proper means to give out exact numbers.

Thanks for asking though. I thought it was pretty much irrelevant. :)

jasee

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

To answer Eenie's question, asking will always bring you answers. Won't say more.

Well, in my case asking did not bring me any legitimate answer. I do not know of any site where you can find the country origins of Undernet's users. I also think it is better to state opinions as opinions, not facts when guessing about statistics.

Eenie

jasee

Post by jasee »

Just because such information is not available to everyone does not imply the fact that it does not exist. However, I believe this forum is not topical anyfurther and hence will not reply to any posts which are off topic.

jasee

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Well, if it is confidential information or if it is speculative information, I suggest you not post it in a public forum and imply it is fact, jasee. No one will take you seriously if you cannot back up your statements.

Eenie

Dude

Post by Dude »

yea right, is bucharest.* overloaded or what ?
and Eenie.. less than 10%? Can't accept that! maybe 40-40%..
Dudes & dudettes

OUTsider

Post by OUTsider »

don't forget those romanians that emigrated into other countries :devil:
Don't bother reading, I'm just the lame botlender, right ?