Manage the Userlist Via website, (level 500 only)...

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
xplo

Manage the Userlist Via website, (level 500 only)...

Post by xplo »

I just want to make a little suggestion here, so please don't bee too ruff :p

Would this be a great idea if the Channel Managers (Level:.500) Would be able to go on the website (http://cservice.undernet.org/live) to make some modifications on the userlist, Access, automodes, topic, keywords, Url..

But only for the managers (500) To "Manage" the channel :p

i know this could be a lot of work, :roll: but i am ready to put money on the table that its something that Everybody would enjoy :p
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

xplora

Post by xplora »

sad to say, this feature was actually there to begin with, and then removed due to abuse of the website :(
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

xplo

Post by xplo »

ok, so with some little work to protect yourself against this kind of abuse, maybe there could be a reconsideration on this question?

:p

/me stills thinks it would be cool :p
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.

xplo

Post by xplo »

And can i ask, what kind of abuse there was, ?
its only to modify infos, nothing really important, it will just save us ( channel owners ) some time.

Am i Right ?

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Em3r1c4 wrote:And can i ask, what kind of abuse there was, ?
its only to modify infos, nothing really important, it will just save us ( channel owners ) some time.

Am i Right ?

Some could login from the website and from the IRC in the same time so my opinion is that it puts some pressure on the services.
+ if someone find out your password it would be much easier to make damages from the website (remuser, adduser, modinfo, etc) since you could use the latest feature and suspend your own username. but on the website ... imagine if 3 abusers try to connect in the same time... :roll:
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4327/undernetuser0jm.png[/img]

xplo

Post by xplo »

Ok.. Good point.

XploreR :alien:

sancy

Post by sancy »

Dooku: That extra pressure is minimal. Also the cservice site is not running togheter with the X bot.

Also if someone finds out your password, it's just as easy to make damage on IRC (Also he can make much more damage: ex. *!*@* :P ) .

Also I cannot think of what kind of abuse could have been for cservice to disable that module ... Maybe if someone would reply, how was the abuse, we may think of a solution and maybe re-enable a nice feature ... But as I saw with all feature requests, or solutions for current problems, I don't think there is much chance ... Current politics halt any improvements of the network.

Sancy

xplo

Post by xplo »

sancy wrote:Maybe if someone would reply, how was the abuse, we may think of a solution and maybe re-enable a nice feature ...

Still Wating......

and if i'mm right ... No Changes will be made... just try to imagine some little usere like us against a BIG Network like this ....

like if someone really cares...

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Still waiting for an answer ? It was already answered. Re-read all of the posts and you'll find the answers.

sancy wrote:Also if someone finds out your password, it's just as easy to make damage on IRC (Also he can make much more damage: ex. *!*@* :P ) .

The point is, if he can't do damage on IRC, for example there is 24/7 online client logged in to X, he can do damage via the website.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko
[img]http://rap.com.mk/images/UL/mitko_userbar.gif[/img]

Dooku

Post by Dooku »

Mitko wrote:Still waiting for an answer ? It was already answered. Re-read all of the posts and you'll find the answers.

sancy wrote:Also if someone finds out your password, it's just as easy to make damage on IRC (Also he can make much more damage: ex. *!*@* :P ) .

The point is, if he can't do damage on IRC, for example there is 24/7 online client logged in to X, he can do damage via the website.

That was also my point, you or any other member of some channels can notice some "illegal" actions but on the website... they can do much more damage.
Why do I have the feeling that some users always look for nods in a straw ? instead of being more constructive and instead of bringing new ideas to the network/services ?
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
[img]http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4327/undernetuser0jm.png[/img]

sancy

Post by sancy »

I wanted to be constructive, but when I get such vague informations about some problems, I can't really post anything constructive only to ask what was the problem in more detail. Regarding what Mitko posted, here's a solution: If user is logged in, then compare the two hosts ( from IRC, from website ) if they match enable more advanced features on the website.
Also another opinion, I just read the thread which I'm interested, so I don't read absolutly all posts, so I could not know there was something similar posted. If some of you really noticed that it was already discussed, would it be too hard to post a link to that discussion too?

Sancy

toolz

Post by toolz »

You're all talking about that damage, users should learn not to give out username info. I think most of the users see this very useful.
I wonder what kind of abuse was done with such a feature available?
I don't care about those who can't keep private info for theirselves, because of them everyone has to suffer?

Mitko, do you find this useful or not? You think this feature causes damage to you? Have you ever lost your username password or had problems with your username? Those who encounter such problems are people who share their private information, what do we have to do with them?

xplo

Post by xplo »

Thats exactly the kind of spirit i was looking for :baaa: I really didn't understand the "getting abused" stuff... looks like everytime i ask something... there is something to abuse it.... would be cool if i start talking about love .... Maybe someone will abuse me :inlove:

Anyway... i Wish this thing could Come back cauz, it Would save the channel Managers a lot of time, And At least Some Admins ... Will do Something.... since they are doing nothing at this moment...

xplora

Post by xplora »

3 words... D o S
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee