#CService mode +p

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
xplora

#CService mode +p

Post by xplora »

Hi,

I've added channel mode +p to #CService for people not in #CService, for the following reasons:

1. It makes it easier to identify someone trying to pretend to be someone from #CService, if their /whois says they are @#cservice, and you are not in #cservice, then they have faked their /whois somehow, and are not really an op of #CService (+p blocks the channel appearing in /whois)

2. It forces you to join the channel to find out who is in it (since /names wont work if you are not in the channel, although most people tend to be +i so you'd have to join anyway ;)

3. unlike +s, you can still use /topic #CService from outside the channel to see the topic, (if say you wanted to know if channel registrations were closed temporarily ;)

- xplora
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee

Revival

Post by Revival »

Hi,

Agree, it seems to be appreciated.
This idea will stop a few problems. here is a simple example: Those who dont like you, do a /whois to you and attack the channels you are in or swear. And many people dont know that cservice is a help channel which is open to everyone, through our whois, they think we are the authorized there. I've felt this so many times before and +p will stop such needless things admirably.
[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4200/revitp8.jpg[/img]

Qxygen

Post by Qxygen »

Congrats on the change, it's a change for the better we hope. :) . I must say that that fake @ in cservice will still go on from what I know as many join @#cservice@#anotherchannel or I've seen it done like @#(CTRL+B CTRL+B)cservice.. I really don't know how they do it. Anyway I hope I'm wrong and the abuse will stop. I think that the change is a great thing congrats once again ..

zoltrexx

Post by zoltrexx »

Good work! 8)
I`m Not Trying To Predict The Future, I Only Want To Prevent It!

toolz

Post by toolz »

Big change in #CService, some say it's not good some say it's a great thing, at least everyone can see that CService people work hard to offer the best, thats the point :)

hiena
Location: Disclosing location would violate the covenants of the Witness Protection Program

Post by hiena »

Its good to know that CService its with us and UnderNet its not "dead". Have a nice day

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

We're never dead, occasionally we take a little nap ..ok, maybe not just occasionally, but we're never dead k? Image
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

P.S : but we got death on the team, if you're intersted of becoming a dead man, just let us know. we can work it out on that ;) you bet.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

xplo

Post by xplo »

i call shotgun :p
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.