Need information about NOREG

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
ZeroSlashe®

Need information about NOREG

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

My situation:
Tried to register a channel, after a week i found 10 supporters, even dragged guys back from msn to irc who left irc years ago. Registered the channel and CService rejected it. I asked for information, got told to use "object@undernet.org" and now it's been 2 weeks and no reply so f**k that.
Now some n00b has joined the channel a week ago and suddenly starts registering the channel i have been on since 1998, i am completely hello off.

I have an @ on the channel, and if i read it well, C will give me points as i am an op there. does that guy stand a chance of getting it registered?

Second: i wanna know if there is a NOREG option for Channels so that i can decide that i do not want thic channel to be registered by anyone ever.
Is that possible and if not, then atleast tell me what i can do instead?

Please do not write any silly useless comments, i'm already in a hello mood at cservice for it's weird rules.
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

I'll try to be short, i'll begin with the answer of your 1st question, well it goes like this, no he cannot register the channel practically as long as you're there and actually it's yours as you were/are the creator of the channel name he could've done that in the following circumstances : if there was no owner for that channel or whatsoever, anyhow in this what you can do it's to lock the channel not allowing the supporters or any other users you don't know as they might be the applicant supporters to ban'em out and to post objection for the channel application and you'll be fine but then again as i said tehnically he cannot do that as you ain't gonna allow him that to happen.

2nd question : The answer.
Yes, an channel can be noreged only in under some circumstances such as the channel was abusing the system or being a priviligied user towards undernet, but mostly we do not noreg channels by users request. so just lock it or try to register it whenever you have time.

P.S : hope you got satisfied by my answers, if not sue me, just tried to be handy for you.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

ZeroSlashe®

Post by ZeroSlashe® »

thank you very kindly for the answer, that has helped a bit.
Though i cannot lock a channel because then no one would get in actually. Also already banned them but i'm pretty sure others will try.
As i have a new question, if i write to object[at]undernet.org, how come there is no reply. they can't be that super slow?
[img]http://members.chello.nl/zeroslasher/twat.jpg[/img]

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

Uhm well it probably the mail you sent wasn't recevied or it's there but needs to be readed anyhow you can mail there in any time but i'm not sure though when you'll be replied, it might take a few days 3-5 days or even more, if you don't get anything in the next few days you should retry to mail AGAIN yes again you heard me, either at cservice-abuse@undernet.org or object@undernet.org which is the same actually. as object@ redirects all mails at cservice-abuse@

Hope this will help. :roll:
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."