Wannabe

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
mistik

Wannabe

Post by mistik »

I just felt the necessity to write this subject here after having seen several times the situation that CService is in, in these months, approximatly during one year.
What I'm talking about is that CService, as I see, lost the quality of his on line help. There're much more than needed wannabes who doesn't have any property to help in CService..
There are a plenty of steppers; the user waiting for help doesn't get anything after a flood named HELP!
It's sure that we can't blame all of them coz there're some who help correctly and who knows what to tell when...
But there should be someones to stop it as the old CService days. Me as a just simple user, Im gettin' crazy while watching the given answers in the main channel...

thank u

Revival

Post by Revival »

Hello

mistik relax.. Someone cares about that issues, they are doing their job as well. Sometimes everyone can make mistakes (step) the reason can be: bad connection,to doesn't saw the first answer etc... There is no need to get mad. The point is to help to others. You or me or someone else, this isn't so important.

King regards,
[img]http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4200/revitp8.jpg[/img]

Sw1ft

Post by Sw1ft »

mistik wrote:I just felt the necessity to write this subject here after having seen several times the situation that CService is in, in these months, approximatly during one year.
What I'm talking about is that CService, as I see, lost the quality of his on line help. There're much more than needed wannabes who doesn't have any property to help in CService..
There are a plenty of steppers; the user waiting for help doesn't get anything after a flood named HELP!
It's sure that we can't blame all of them coz there're some who help correctly and who knows what to tell when...
But there should be someones to stop it as the old CService days. Me as a just simple user, Im gettin' crazy while watching the given answers in the main channel...

thank u
We are just here to assist guests that join #CService , everybody is trying to help when everyone write "how can we/I help you?, ask please, state please etc." is that mean the guest get flooded ? If noone asks about problem who will assist the guests ? All of volunteers aim is same, helping to guests and sometimes while volunteers helping he/she can step other volunteer by mistake but you can be sure about that if someone does that stepping purposely, this person will get warning and stopped by #CService members.. No need to getting crazy, I suggest you to don't worry about it..

King Regards
Sw1ft
Sw1ft

mistik

Post by mistik »

Look at them, thats what I mean...

Revival

Post by Revival »

hi

Why firstly dont you identify yourself? I bet you're one of volunteers in #CService same like us. And i know just 1 person who is using that word in CService: *approximatly*. Anyway everyone of us can step or can be stepped. So there is no point to be crazy or starting the war..
We are friends and we have same point here. To help to guests. Everyone can't do that work coz we need to be polite and to not be malevolent.
When we are helping to guests we don't need to fight with eachother. It looks really badly.we can't say: Hey it was mine. Or Hey it was your. Its comic.

King regards,
RevivaL

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

mistik..this subject is..complicated
Basically, if and until we modify our policy, everyone is free to help as long as he/she knows the answer and abides by our newcomer guidelines
Yes, most of the times #cservice is swampped with lots of users wanting to help, sometimes 3-4 of them answer a guest (but that occurs out of innertion). What can we do if people show interest in helping others? We watch them, analyze their activity, if they're doing good we allow them to proceed, if not..we stop them.
Like it or not, It's how things are, and have been since #cservice was founded

Wolfyx
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

*was about to say that as well but in a different manner* Cservice has been like this, since ever. since on the very first moment when i joined it. Some things can't change but they can be improved OR they'll remain like this FOREVER. however there's nobody to blame about it, sometimes yeah i know it looks like a horse contest like KoGiTo used to say, but we can't do anything about it except the fact we as ops to settle down the situation and to have under-controll the channel otherwise would be chaos, most of the newcomers really wants to help and they really love what they do, why would we need to stop them for providing such a good help? we don't need to stop them, we need to 'applause' them and finally reward them for the great work they do and some of them are rewarded if they truly deserve it if not they will not be, because without them CService wouldn't be such an active channel, or the guest(s) wouldn't be helped at all, due too lack of newcomers.

just my 2 cents.
Last edited by Spidel on Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

iamdeath

Post by iamdeath »

Well, CService has it's own rules and I think those users who know the perfect answers they should be welcomed. You are no one to stop anyone to help someone. I think this is the best policy, yes I agree with wolfyx at times we have chaos but then we ops settle things down. If needed and there are plenty of ops we set only op help mode too. We also monitor users who are answering wrong, we correct them infront of everyone so to teach them and others as well. It's not like we have plenty of volunteers and they're answering bogus and no one cares about the answers. So I believe Cservice rocks how it is right now and since the beginning :-)

no hard feelings.

Cheers.
iamdeath
Death is only the *Beginning*...
[url=http://www.undernet.org/]#Cricket @ Undernet.[/url]
[img]http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/1350/cservicetrainee6mw.png[/img]

Revival

Post by Revival »

Hello

Guys, All traines\officials\admins can do fault.. Only GOD can be without fault..But we will try to dont make mistake with official`s help
They are always /msgs/notices us about something and then nextime we will help people without mistake about that..They are already understanding us as they knew that *volunteer* cause they did taste it long time ago..and they showing us their best advices,knowledge,experience and i love all of them and very very thanks for that.. who is inform us :}

I will remember few days ago. I did a fault like /msg x set #channel autojoin (need manager status etc) just i did forget the use *ON* and you spidel did tell.. what about *ON* and i did refresh it with *ON* and i told you thanx spidel for that..But somehow you did calls : Guys here is not horse race.. do attention/complete what are you saying before typed etc..

I have been heard always Ops says Here is not help race or dont step eachothers or dont interfere or they have correcting us if something wrong or adding something..but didnt hear such smiles before
Some Ops making affectingly their best and inform us via prv if something wrong friendly.. without insult\hurth

I told you that this bothers me and you are doing that second time. Please do not do similes like that. Can't you warn without similes like that?
We are not horse as here is not horse race place,If you think it was correct.. then i request it please dont use on me.thanx :}

King regards,
RevivaL

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

I think we've choked this subject enough

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Agreed. Please post only if you have new information on this thread.
Etherfast

`Dj

Post by `Dj »

Well, I couldn't resist replying (*waves* at Etherfast) because I want to underline the fact that some time ago (before several/most of you guys joined in) this "chaos" as you name it, was rarely seen in #CService. Yes, lots and lots of wannabees and 90% have absolutely no idea about how to provide good quality help. Years before, ops actively supervised what was going on in the channel and if you were caught giving wrong answers several times you were banned (I was told to "take a 2 weeks vacation" several times in the past myself) and therefore the ones who remained in the channel (I don't want to use the "were allowed" term) did know what they were doing.
I don't want to give any suggestions or criticize anyone because I am not in the position to do so but please don't state that CService was like this since the beginning because not all of you were around those days. And with this I conclude my pleading.
Keep up the good work!

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

`Dj wrote:I am not in the position to do so but please don't state that CService was like this since the beginning because not all of you were around those days
What i meant by that is that CService has always allowed willing volunteers to help our guests, *not* that CService always had this abundence of newcomers, or the 'chaos' that's created from time to time

/me [img]http://e.deviantart.com/emoticons/c/chainsaw.gif[/img] `Dj

[LANA]

Post by [LANA] »

i want to be a volunteer. there are many guys out there needs help but cannot speak english. maybe u can have a support group that is categorized into different languages. thank u.
Love has a reason in which Reason don't understand at all!

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

in case you didn't know already CService is a multi-language channel, we're speaking most of the used languages from the whole world ;) as for being a volunteer in #Cservice join there and ask how can you be one.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."