re:need help for users.undernet.org

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
TPAMBAJ

re:need help for users.undernet.org

Post by TPAMBAJ »

hi all,

i just need simple answear ,something like :how is posible,i mean what i have to do ,to get this in ip address.
"TPAMBAJ@tpambaj.users.undernet.org"
i mean i allready register my self in undernet forums with my nickname "TPAMBAJ ,and i register X@undernet.org.
just i am particulary new ,and i don`t know even to formulate my question.sorry for this,probably i mist the topic.
thanks
i presiate if someone send me an email,that i can understand better.
TPAMBAJ@hotmail.com
bye :roll:

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

if you're seeking to hide your ip behind this virtual mask your username provides, then type /mode your_nick +x , or //.mode $me +x ..they're the same.
Good luck :)
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

I see you do own an X username.
Just a reminder, you have to login to X using /msg X@channels.undernet.org login TPAMBAJ your-password-here, before you use Wolfyx's command.

Regards,
Etherfast

TPAMBAJ

Post by TPAMBAJ »

thanks

vigilante

Post by vigilante »

In mIRC can you really type: /mode my_nickname +x and it works? :-?

Wolfyx

Post by Wolfyx »

/mode nick +x works with mIRC..but there are other irc clients/scripts which don't accept that command, and you need to use the other i gave the guy
I'm an angel, honest! The horns are just there to keep the halo straight

Mitko

Post by Mitko »

Wolfyx wrote:/mode nick +x works with mIRC..but there are other irc clients/scripts which don't accept that command, and you need to use the other i gave the guy

Wrong, "/mode nickname +x" works on any decent IRC client, but that "//.mode $me +x" doesn't work because it's using a mIRC alias $me to define your nickname, the fullstop actually doesn't do anything in the command, it's used for example with "msg" if you don't want the message outputed, and the double slash "//" is used in order to process the alias. If you really want a command that will work on all IRC clients that is "/quote MODE nickname +x" :)

Best Regards,
Mit.
Dimitar Tnokovski aka Mitko