Email change form

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
Zarquon

Email change form

Post by Zarquon »

What should I do if there's no timely response to an email change form sent to x@undernet.org? I've mailed my 2nd request after the first one received no response for 7 days. The dudes in #usernames tell me to just wait. Somehow the systems doesn't seem to work as advertised, though.

Cheers

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Hello there.
Please make sure you're sending the right way.

The e-mail.txt sent to X@undernet.org can only work if the old e-mail address doesn't exist anymore. If it exists, the e-mail will be ignored.

If it doesn't,
* Get a new VALID e-mail address, compose a message
* Copy/paste the ENTIRE e-mail.txt form into the e-mail and fill it out
* Send the e-mail to X@undernet.org with "E-mail change request' as subject
* Wait 3-5 days for processing. (the e-mails are received immediately, but X@undernet.org people need around 3 days to check if the old e-mail address exists or not)

After sending one message, in a hour, you can ask in #usernames if your e-mail was received. Any X@undernet.org member can check that for you.

On the other hand, if the old e-mail still exists, but you can't access it, just specify that in the comments section of the form. #usernames has a bit of a different procedure over that one.

Good luck :)
Etherfast

Zarquon

Post by Zarquon »

Well, that's pretty much what I did already. I know that my mail was received, too. Guess it's time to file a 3rd REQUEST...

Etherfast

Post by Etherfast »

Does your old e-mail still exist?
Noting the fact that you've been waiting for a long time, I guess you could be given an answer online. Like I said, join #usernames and ask someone to assist you online.
Etherfast