AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded)

Ask questions about Undernet's Channel Service
Blueboar

AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded)

Post by Blueboar »

After being disconnected (ping timeout), I attempted to sign back in and received the AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded) message from X. My "ghost" was still connected. Is X only allowing one connection at a time now? If so, this makes it very difficult for me as a channel operator if I get disconnected in the middle of a troll/flood attack, because I have to wait for my ghost to die before I can regain ops in my channel. If this is a new policy, I strongly suggest allowing at least two simultaneous logins in order to avoid ghost issues.

Thanks,
Bill

Eenie

Post by Eenie »

Blueboar wrote:After being disconnected (ping timeout), I attempted to sign back in and received the AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded) message from X. My "ghost" was still connected. Is X only allowing one connection at a time now? If so, this makes it very difficult for me as a channel operator if I get disconnected in the middle of a troll/flood attack, because I have to wait for my ghost to die before I can regain ops in my channel. If this is a new policy, I strongly suggest allowing at least two simultaneous logins in order to avoid ghost issues.

Thanks,
Bill

Everything is the same as it has been, AFAIK.

Must have been a fluke.

No panicking needed ;-)

~Eenie
Just a small fish in a big sea Image

Spidel

Post by Spidel »

Blueboar wrote:After being disconnected (ping timeout), I attempted to sign back in and received the AUTHENTICATION FAILED (Maximum concurrent logins exceeded) message from X. My "ghost" was still connected. Is X only allowing one connection at a time now? If so, this makes it very difficult for me as a channel operator if I get disconnected in the middle of a troll/flood attack, because I have to wait for my ghost to die before I can regain ops in my channel. If this is a new policy, I strongly suggest allowing at least two simultaneous logins in order to avoid ghost issues.

Thanks,
Bill

No you STILL can authenticate yourself using two clients. Perhaps your identd has changed or your ip. Make sure your identd is the same as your first client so as the ip, otherwise you will not be able to login twice.

I.e: bill@74.21.123.24 (first client) and the second client you use to connect has to be the same. If on connect you get something on your ident such as ~bill@ then you will not be able to auth to X cause of the "~"

I hope now it's all clear.
"A wise man writes down what he thinks, a stupid man forgets what he thinks, a complete idiot punishes himself for what he thinks."

xplo

Post by xplo »

Spidel wrote: "~"

awesome usage of faces in your ~ ;)
Go to hell with your questions, my time is done here. It was fun, but this network is sooooo corrupted by morons, its not worth it.