It is currently Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:25 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: anti join/part protection for channel (modified)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:48 am 

we are experiencing massive flooding in our channel on a daily basis.
+r is a good channel mode to prevent these flooders, however it affects many chatters too who are not registered with X.
since majority of channels have chatters with no undernet registration, i think a much better way of preventing flooders should be implemented.
we noticed that all flooders have set themselves to deaf mode (+d).
so when you do a /whois on them, their channels will appear like -#cafe, instead of just #cafe.
since chatters very rarely uses the deaf mode, i think preventing chatters who are in deaf mode will be a nice addition to channel modes.
so i would suggest if setting the channel to +E, or any available letter undernet can use, and undernet will prevent chatters in deaf mode to enter the channel, forcing the flooders to remove their deaf modes and will make their drones susceptible to flooding themselves out.
in this way, unregisterd chatters can still get in the channel.
what do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 8:43 pm 

use Delayed mode known as +D mode, as it's available on all servers of undernet. and you'll surely know who wants to flood the channel. and besides that add +m as well and voice up all the chatters.
it's my idea, i would do that if i'd get my channel flooded daily by drones and such. Oh thinking about how it works, it's quite simple, you'll be not seeing drones nickname on the nickname list, unless you name the channel to see the hidden nicks, using /names -d #channel-name. Issuing the command you'll get the list with all hidden nicknames, and you'll distinguish who are the chatters by simply whoising them but i'm pretty sure if they are looking for chat, they would ask one of the ops from your channel to get them voiced. and still there's more to say about this feature, you won't get your channel bothered or better yet your eyes or users eyes to be disturbed by floods, as they can't flood it as it's moderated. Drones or whoever wants to flood the channel can't be seen on the channel nickname list even when they join or part, unless they are moded. But yeah, at least you'll get less your channel flooded, because there are individual flooders who are flooding the channel by themselves whether to spam or to advertise. And you can hardly know if he came on the channel just to chat. but then again, it will minimize the flood you get on the channel by using these two modes. If you still want to get rid of +r mode. you should try what i said, as it worths.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 5:53 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

#CService uses the +Dm combination with a bot to do that, although it only voices those that are logged in, combined with X's floating limit feature it also helps to control the speed with which joins happen.

As I understand it, #ayuda does as well, only theirs does drone checking, so it can voice people that are not logged into X.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:41 am 

thanks everyone.
xplora, i know this might sound out of topic, but now that you've mentioned it, i am really interested in this 'drone' checking script you are talking about.
it will really help a lot, because our channel is getting flooded everyday, and we usually have an average of 200 chatters online every time. so the flooding is really disrupting their chatting experience, for most of them are not registered undernet chatters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:08 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

xplora wrote:
As I understand it, #ayuda does as well, only theirs does drone checking, so it can voice people that are not logged into X.

"As I understand it, ..." means I'm not the person to ask

Post subject: anti join/part protection for channel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 pm 

Hi BlasterQ and other channels manager that have the same problem.

We had more than 4 floods per day. More than 70 proxys in each flood. The proxys make a join/part and in the part they leave a msg with colors. In a second the proxys changes their nicks and joining again with other.
#Ayuda is a general help channel in spanish and we did not have to put the mode +r.. cus more than the 55% of the users that joining here not have login or usernames. They come us asking how to register a username. And mode +r was not the solution.

But Undernet have a good coders and they created mode +D
Mode + D means: If a channel is set to +D users joining the channel wont be shown until something "happens to them". This means, an user joins the channel and remains "hidden" till he speaks, gets opped/voiced etc. Only at this point the join will be displayed. If the channel is set to -D again and there are still "hidden" users left, the server will set mode +d until the last one is visible or left the channel. "Hidden" users are shown by /names -d #channel.

Thinking about that we created a tcl called eafs tcl
Then we put the channel in mode +Dmpntl
The tcl check if u are a real user .. The bot voice all real user including if they are not login.

After we put the eafs.tcl we have seen only 3 floods attacks by proxys trying to joining and make flood .. but the bot dont allow them to that. The common users not see the flood :) and the attack is frustrated.

We will work to give the Undernet channels managers the tcl making a new version that send a notice/msg/query to the users that not have login to join in #usernames.

Meanwhile that u can use my script if u have mIRC. Put mode +Dmp(others like ntl) in your channel.

press alt+p (means popus) then view/channel and paste that in the end:
-
Whois: /whois 0 $?="nick"
Names +D:/names -d #
Mode +v:/mode #ur-channel +v $?="nick"
Msg X +v:/msg x voice #ur-channel $?="nick"
-
Ban:/msg x ban $chan $$?="Nick *!*user@*.host" 24 ur-level we do not allow drones/proxys in #
-

In any mIRC windows send:
/timer 0 25 /names -d #ur-channel

Check ur status windows to see the users. Then voice the real users.

I hope that help u and others until we can give the Tcl.

with love
veroushka

Last edited by veroushka on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:53 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: anti join/part protection for channel
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:59 pm 

veroushka wrote:
I hope that help u and others until we can give the Tcl.

Well when you have the tcl is it possible to tell me where to go get it or even send it to me please im tired of getting flooded and its the best tcl any eggdrop could have i think ... this is my point of View ..

Best regards

^One

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:03 am 

i've talked to veroushka last night and i'm really impressed at how they handle #ayuda.
thank you very much veroushka for the script.
also thanks to xplora for mentioning #ayuda in her previous post.

Post subject: mode +Dm
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:19 am 

Well for all manager with account 500 the tcl are ready.

veroushka

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:29 am 

thank you very much veroushka. :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ]