It is currently Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:58 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 4 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Remove ddos attack botnets, and actually have support online
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 8:30 pm 

When people make these kinds of posts, daring the good irc users to shut down thier ddos botnet, you have to ask yourself, does Undernet care?

"irc.undernet.org ####felix rpc2.
Theres one of my botnets.
My icq is 97870314.
Please try do something about it. "

:classic:

I dedcided to find out. I played the "hide and seek" with the helpers and ircops for an hour before i watched them de-op themselves and stop helping not only myself, but everyone else.

So my suggestions would be, close down the channels with ddos botnets when they are brought to your attention, and allow them to be brought to your attention by actually having help ircops who do something that perhaps looks like help.

an X-undernet user.

trmade98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:41 pm 

Please tell me, what do You mean by hide and seek with helper/IRCops.... ? and also, please tell me one thing else... Have You read any of other posts wrote by different users at different time or You just jump in and post another question without reading any other ones, cause I pressume that 30% of any questions/queries/polls are quiet the same in this Forum and I also believe that people are better looking forward to read them and also reply to all of them, or at least most of them, cause one of Your subject I saw it somewhere in this Forum it sounds just the same... Anyway about Your criteria, please be more specific next time, unless everyone will believe, that You`re one of those botlet/drones channel manager (((:

Post subject: not helpful
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 12:54 pm 

Like i said, your post proves the lack of help.

Someone posted that on a message board someplace else. I posted here.

Hide and Seek means, "sorry go to this channel for help, nope sorry go back to the channel you were in for help, nope sorry you need to go here for help, no sorry go to the second channel you were in for help....etc...etc...etc"

Then when you are in those channels, you watch opers deop themselves... HELPFUL.

I dont think i should spend hours looking thru old posts, after i spent over an hour waiting for help. Remove ddos botnets is only helpful to the irc community as a whole. Dont do anything about it and watch Undernet go the way of Dalnet. Arrogance kills networks.

Your response is like the rest of the undernet, useless and of no help.

-trmade98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 1:05 pm 

I hate to tell You one thing my friend... I`m assisting/helping/advincing more than 50 users a day, sometimes, I hate to tell them to join #CService (this is the only channel I`m sending someone) unless I don`t know anything about his question/query/problem regarding X, usernames, registered channels. I know what You mean, I`m not trying to be rude, I`ll not mention the channel I`m helping in, I`m just saying that is one channel on Undernet, where some users with high level access on Undernet network not on that channel (I`m talking about 500+ access leve;) they don`t keep the third eye on users who are trying to help others, from time to time maybe they are wrong, at least should be someone keeping an eye on them untill they will become one of them in that team, what I`m saying now is that the .next bot thingie work good in our channel, the one that I`m helping... but it is very bad to have an open channel for help, cause some users don`t even know the right answer and also sends the users to abuse@undernet.org cservice-abuse@undernet.org or even objects@undernet.org without a proper reason, or worse than that... they are claiming that some modes channels are taking care about those issues, which is #CService one... No offence, I`ll not mention any channels... but #CService which is an official channel... some people knows what I meant by that... anyway BRB

Post subject: here is the test for me
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 9:42 pm 

Is that channel closed?

If not, then you have to ask yourself... could all of my energy aruging been better put toward doing a channel close?

-trmade98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:12 am 

No that channel where I`m helping is not close at all, I`m just not allowed to use any credits about it, or to advertise in any IRC Forums, so Il`l respect that rule here too, however the ideea is that some people must stop sending users to any other helping channels just for fun, only they must do that in case if they don`t know the asnwer... or better, they should read/lear or even upgrade their skill and surf the web more if they don`t know the right answer instead sending the user somewhere else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:31 am 

What the hell are you talking about?

That channel has a ddos botnet in it.

It needs to be closed and shutdown.

This isnt an advertising thing.

Did you even read or understand what i wrote?

I DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR HELP. DONT HELP. JUST STOP THAT BOTNET CHANNEL FROM BEING USED. CLOSE IT DOWN.

Forget it, this is hopeless... I just go back to banging my head on a wall.

This is why undernet sucks as bad as it does.

Clueless people running around doing nothing.

Thanks for all the free fish...

-trmade98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:43 am 

Oiiiii, it was a mistunderstanding... I`m not here to argue, are You ? I tell one thing and I`ll finsih with You and Your attitude (no offence). That channel will be closed maybe, if You`ll E-mail to any of those *abuse* E-mail adresses, I wrote You above about it, and also, one thing... several people were asking for closing down a few channels... the Undernet admins, done that, sometimes, but not most of the time, so that means that are still users in Your same situation waiting for a reply to close down a forbidden channel, so my request is, take Your waiting ticket and wait for more informations from admins, but as long You don`t even name that channel or even don`t E-mail to let them know... there is no chance for a CService admin, or representative to have control over...

[00:36] -Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org- Client: entries: 115148 buckets: 30936 max chain: 16
-
[00:36] -Elsene.Be.Eu.undernet.org- Channel: entries: 46261 buckets: 24487 max chain: 9

...so many channels and also so many users, think about and also ask Yourself... can You handle 115148 users and 30936 channels... ?

NOTE: This was on Tuesday Sep 16 2003 00:36:02 +0000 GMT UTC London Greenwich time all the numbers of the channels and users...

*** Enjoy Undernet ***

Post subject: actually
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:46 am 

You right.. it takes a LONG LONG TIME TO TYPE

/msg chanserv FORBID #<channame> BOTNET

i can understand why you have a waiting list.

Do whatever you want. I`m sorry for trying to help you clean up botnets. Let them run wild. Dalnet did. Look how it worked for them.

END OF THREAD

-trmade98

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 12:49 am 

Btw, there is no ChanServ, NickServ or any other bots same in DalNET, one more thing my friend... Undernet it is not DalNET, not at all... and also, as far as I know, it use to be like that when CService admins took care of those forbidden channels, hope they will do the same, at least give it a try before You`ll believe that one day Undernet will become DalNET (:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2004 2:38 pm 

i dont get what you people are talking about what does DDoS attacks have to do with cservice they are only victems of them, and the last time i checked botnets, sdbots, were being taken down by selective opers/helpers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 6:56 pm 

maybe undernet needs more helpers/ircops... i have seen many people that like to help Undernet by trying to become a helper (including myself) but everyone gets rejected... and now you are saying that you cannot handle 100 000 users... well duh, have you ever thought of getting more helpers? rather then rejecting those people that try to help you?

Post subject: Re: actually
PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:42 pm 

trmade98 wrote:

Do whatever you want. I`m sorry for trying to help you clean up botnets. Let them run wild. Dalnet did. Look how it worked for them.

END OF THREAD

-trmade98

The problem is that Undernet doesn't really have such a "lockdown" feature. There is no simple way of closing down a channel. An oper can get ops in a channel and set the channel invite only and kick all users in it, but then she'd have to join a bot or something in order to keep the channel.

Post subject: Re: actually
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:29 am 
Forum Moderator

Tulle wrote:
trmade98 wrote:

END OF THREAD

-trmade98

The problem is that Undernet doesn't really have such a "lockdown" feature. There is no simple way of closing down a channel. An oper can get ops in a channel and set the channel invite only and kick all users in it, but then she'd have to join a bot or something in order to keep the channel.

Wrong, GNUworld and Undernet does have a feature that can be used to close down a channel. It`s called a GChan.

-UWorld- ****** GCHAN COMMAND ******
-
-UWorld- Sets a bad channel gline on a channel
-
-UWorld- Syntax: /msg UWorld Gchan <#channel> <duration/-per> <reason>');
-
-UWorld- if a -per is specified as a duration, the gline will be permanent

Ircops can gline a whole channel. That doesn`t mean that all the users from the channel will get gline it will only kick all the users on the channel and won`t allow anyone to join the channel anymore. [/code]

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 12:02 pm 

Firstly it would have been nice if you used Search before you post (there are many posts like this). Remember that helpers/ircops or every official doesnt gets pait to help users, its volunteering work and they do it because they like it, not because the *have to*. Keep that in mind when you get upset about the help you get. UnderNet is not DalNet and never will be dalnet since undernet is a different type of network with different servers and channel services. (Therefore no NickServ, ChanServ etc.)

Regards,
TheAbyss

Page 1 of 4 [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next