It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 10:33 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: CService Stats
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:12 am 

Wouldn't it be interesting if CService could supply some database statistics on a weekly or monthly basis, regarding the number of registered usernames, the number of blocked usernames or new usernames registered in the current week, how many people were logged in on average during the week, what was the "peak" value for logged in users, how many channels are registered, and similar information? It doesn't sound too useful, but it is fun and a good indicator for how many people frequent Undernet and bother to register an username.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 3:17 pm 

Cservice has these statistics, but I'm sure they are not willing to share that information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 4:14 pm 

I know they have this information, I wanted to know if they would consider sharing the data, based on people's interest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 5:01 pm 

I think I already said that :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 1:04 am 

I have discussed about this on another topic, but the point is that cservice does NOT want to share this information. They say it's "secret" . It would be interesting to have some statistics about cservice...but i don't see this happening !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 9:55 am 

Razvanet wrote:
I have discussed about this on another topic

So, sue me :P

I see no reason for keeping that information secret. It would be a great tool to attract new people, to show how large the Undernet network is, how many users love being online every day... lots of advantages. You people should study some marketing techniques, this information doesn't cost anything, but is valuable to visitors!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 6:51 pm 
Forum Moderator

Even if they have this kind of informations what good would it do for you and the rest of the users if they would make them public? Will some things change around Undernet? :) If yes , tell me some of them ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:19 pm 

Same reasons as companies writing "Established 1885" under their logo, or "400.000 satisfied customers" or "250.000 frequent fliers with membership card": shows to the new visitors that Undernet is a reliable network, it's been here for a number of years, many people trust its resources and spend constantly a considerable amount of time on this network. These statistics underline the difference between Undernet and another IRC network which may be as large but without constant visitors. And I'm sure you could think of other benefits too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 11:06 pm 
#Userguide Member

I do not see why that kind of information should be kept secret, it constitutes no type of security flaw whatsoever and it would be interesting to find out, but then again, CService does like to keep people in the mist, probably so that we can't tell what really goes on (or doesn't) :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:53 am 

short and simple: :classic:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:56 am 

They are probably keeping this secret also as many other things...it's like a secret between the members if they tell something they will have no tounge. :D :D :D

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ]