It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:43 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: is this normal?
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2003 3:36 pm 

I usually check the new server applications at routing-com's database and the same thing always happens every application;

When a normal user send an application, it always withdrawn by applicant and 2 days later I see the same application again but there is a little different; operlist!

in the 2nd app; Why the applicants adds cservice admins, current server admins/opers or other important people? is it an easy way to get linked? or these guys (cs admins, server admins etc.) contacts with the applicant to make themselves oper?

I think you should give an advice to the applicants before they send an application;
DONT FORGET TO ADD VERY IMPORTANT UNDERNET PEOPLE AS AN ADMIN OR OPER (Cs admins, current opers/server admins etc.)

good idea?

best wishes.

Last edited by Crater on Mon May 12, 2003 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 9:08 am 

This subject must be discussed in this topic because Undernet won't improve if it goes like that. We need to see some new faces...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2003 1:44 pm 
Forum Moderator

I think that the server admin decides who gets to be global/local operator and probably co-admin , too. So if the s. admin decides that a cservice admin should be operator he/she speaks with him and ask him if he wants to be ircop on the respective server . (I think that this is the procedure - ofcourse the people should know eachother)

Best wishes,
`Dj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2003 12:52 pm 

well, do we see taddpole (owner of #zt) in every well-known help
channels? He is an oper and he can get access on #cservice or in #userguide easly BUT he does his own job!

People must do their own jobs. Why every cservice member wants to be
have an o:line? Does a cservice trainee has to join #zt after he get his access?

Why they contacts with the applicant of a new server?

Or you don't have to be a cservice member, if you have a @undernet.org e-mail you are allowed to *HUNT* new server applications! When the applicant see a man with @undernet.org e-mail he thinks he has to add him as an oper. I dont know what they say to the applicant.

Thats not nice to see the same face in every committiee!

thats not nice guys..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 6:33 am 

Crater,
I ll just give you an example. magic, after got his first global o:line, he sent an application for testlink newyork.ny.us.undernet.org. He has been rejected. Thats all man...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2003 3:36 pm 

Crater wrote:
Thats not nice to see the same face in every committiee!

thats not nice guys..

Have you missed much of the noice behind CService and all the other Committees? Many people stay and try to gain access ONLY for the "power" of it. They wish to appear as cool and organized people, but they are really only power-sick people that are after the "status" of being someone "important". Now, I believe that this is why many faces are seen in several committees, to fill up the space that is needed for the committees. They always have a ton of people that try to do their best to help the committees, and these people are given a committee status after a good long while when they have proven their loyalty to the committee, and that they are not only after the power.

Many good people are missed because of the power-sick people, and I think THAT is a bad thing. :-?

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]