It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Respond to email
PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2003 6:25 am 

As everyone can see, Undernet is growing day by day but somehow the respond to email from object@undernet.org is getting worst. Recently, a lot of users complained at #CService where their username was suspended and directed to email for suspension reason at object@undernet.org. It may took more than 5 days and the users do not know what goes wrong. It will be great if the users are able to see the reason of suspendion thru X or thru the website (currently not able to login with globally suspended). This will reduce the email sent to object@undernet.org. Please think about it. :P

Post subject: Re: Respond to email
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 10:48 pm 

UAdmin wrote:
As everyone can see, Undernet is growing day by day but somehow the respond to email from object@undernet.org is getting worst. Recently, a lot of users complained at #CService where their username was suspended and directed to email for suspension reason at object@undernet.org. It may took more than 5 days and the users do not know what goes wrong. It will be great if the users are able to see the reason of suspendion thru X or thru the website (currently not able to login with globally suspended). This will reduce the email sent to object@undernet.org. Please think about it. :P

Brilliant suggestion.

Another alternative is to put the email address of whoever suspended the username to contact the CS Admin directly. FYI, it does take more than 5 days for CS to deal with it unless you know someone from the 'inside' :) That's from a personal experience.

Sometimes I wonder.... does that above email address work?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:10 am 

If you're not receiving a bounce back error, then yes it does work. Unless you mean is the mail being forwarded to the bit bucket, then only the person managing the account can tell us. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:31 am 

i've got entirely no clue. wherever the mail is, I don't know and whoever has it, I hope he/she reads it and will reply ASAP.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 9:44 pm 
The person who is in charge of object@undernet.org has some problems in real life which he must attend to. CService officials had a bit of a trouble finding someone to take care of his job while he is away. The person was named last night. That's probably the reason why you did not receive a reply.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:22 pm 

kid wrote:
The person who is in charge of object@undernet.org has some problems in real life which he must attend to. CService officials had a bit of a trouble finding someone to take care of his job while he is away. The person was named last night. That's probably the reason why you did not receive a reply.

Okay, so this person 'in-charge' of the said email has got problems at the moment, well that's understandable because everyone does BUT isn't there anybody who can at least substitute him while he is away? Is Cservice short of staff??? Maybe, CS should start posting ads that they are in need of people who can volunteer. I bet there's going to be a flood of applicants who wanted to fill in the post.

RE: "The person was named last night." .... and that would mean??? FYI, it is not me who needs a reply at all, it is the above user whom I managed to post the details in my previous postings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 5:11 am 

kid wrote:

Let me see if I get it right.. You`re telling me that CService has only 1 person who is in charge of object@undernet.org ? That`s might be a reson why object@ isnt able to even check all requets, anyway, I thought that a bunch of CS admins are in charge on object@
More people should work this.. I really dont see how only 1 person can check/answer all those problems.
Regars,
safary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2003 3:29 pm 
Yes, that what i said.

Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ]