It is currently Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:02 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Site
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:48 am 

Im not sure if im posting it under the right topic or i sould under website feedback. but as its not only related to the website but as the over all i will post it under the improvement.

[04:27] (Agr3-Gentle): some ppl are really having some problem getting help from cservice, some cant even register username and needs to ask some question - when they try to access the channel it says +r mode. so what could they do in that situation.
[04:28] (tRAsSssh): Agr3-Gentle they are suppose to join #usernames regarding that...
[04:29] (tRAsSssh): Agr3-Gentle we only accept guests here who are logged in as we deal with registered channels here & that means they already have a username.
[04:30] (Agr3-Gentle): tRAsSssh how could ppl know out that they are supposed to join cservice, got my point ? like i was facing this problem before 4 hours ago.
[04:30] (Agr3-Gentle): Anyways just wanted to give a suggestion :> sorry .
[04:32] (tRAsSssh): Agr3-Gentle this is how it works for a while now... & if you are reading on undernet's forum I think it was discussed there or something.
[04:32] (Agr3-Gentle): :>

Somehow agr3 is right. new users can't guess where to get helped or how to get helped.

So i suggest at least to update http://www.undernet.org and add #usernames next to #CService so if by luck they opened the site they could find their way.

tx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:10 am 

I must agree with you some users has no idea about #usernames existence all they know it's about #CService for friends or heard about it from someone and they think they can get help from there how to register themselves on X. but my question would be how would they know about http://www.undernet.org ? :roll: and as xplora stated on one of his post on Channel Service Section, Cservice would be unsetted +r as soon as all undernet servers will be upgraded and then setting +D (Delay mode) on the channel and also +m that only voiced users will be able to talk and it wouldn't be no longer a problem for new users to join our channel and to seek for assistance and to redirect them at #UserNameS if they would like to know how to register themselves. till then they need to find a way to find out about #UserNames channel, just my point of view.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:28 am 

How would they know about http://www.undernet.org ? intuition? logic?

if u chat on irc.undernet.org and u badly need help or just curious about commands or whatever.. there is a chance on 10 maybe that they directly open the site.

anyways if u browse the site u'll find about routing or coder-com or cservice.. there should be a little info at least about #usernames..

the undernet site trafic is huge.. if u consider 1% are that trafic is looking for help? well thats some thousands a month..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:07 am 

#help points users looking for username help to #usernames and for channel/X help to #cservice

Besides that, those channels show up in most servers /motd I've seen. So I suppose that users don't come up with a channel name for their "help" ? or they just don't read the motds on connect.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]