It is currently Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Sugestions regarding Undernet Servers
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:40 pm 

1) All servers should use the same version and also they should allow users to set the same modes. Olso1 Server do not allow to set mode +D to a channel and mode +d to yourself. If I am on Oslo1 Server and I join a channel and someone set mode +D to that channel I can't see this mode, also if someone join that channel I see him but users that are on Zagreb Server see mode +D but are unable to see that user until X or someone else set a mode on him or he write a message.

Your host is Oslo1.NO.EU.undernet.org, running version u2.10.11.07
This server was created Mon Sep 5 2005 at 01:40:32 CEST
Oslo1.NO.EU.undernet.org u2.10.11.07 dioswkgx biklmnopstvr bklov
WHOX WALLCHOPS WALLVOICES USERIP CPRIVMSG CNOTICE SILENCE=15 MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=30 MAXBANS=45 NICKLEN=12 MAXNICKLEN=15 are supported by this server
TOPICLEN=160 AWAYLEN=160 KICKLEN=160 CHANTYPES=#& PREFIX=(ov)@+ CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstr CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 NETWORK=UnderNet are supported by this server
-
There are 16797 users and 84299 invisible on 28 servers
63 operator(s) online
372 unknown connection(s)
36488 channels formed
I have 8665 clients and 1 servers

Your host is Zagreb.HR.Eu.UnderNet.org, running version u2.10.12.08
This server was created Fri Sep 8 2006 at 11:30:19 CEST
Zagreb.HR.Eu.UnderNet.org u2.10.12.08 dioswkgx biklmnopstvrD bklov
WHOX WALLCHOPS WALLVOICES USERIP CPRIVMSG CNOTICE SILENCE=15 MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=30 MAXBANS=45 NICKLEN=12 MAXNICKLEN=15 TOPICLEN=160 AWAYLEN=160 KICKLEN=160 CHANNELLEN=200 MAXCHANNELLEN=200 are supported by this server
CHANTYPES=#& PREFIX=(ov)@+ STATUSMSG=@+ CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstrDd CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 NETWORK=UnderNet are supported by this server
-
There are 19905 users and 90803 invisible on 28 servers
65 operator(s) online
201 unknown connection(s)
36903 channels formed
I have 6951 clients and 1 servers

2) Increase the number of channels a user can join after connect. I have access on 20+ channels. The servers allow me to join only 10 channels after connect, to join all the channels where I have access I have to use /msg X invite <chan>

3) Increase the max number of channels that some servers allow you to join from 15 to at least 20.

Your host is newyork.ny.us.undernet.org, running version u2.10.12.08
This server was created Mon Sep 25 2006 at 05:29:34 EDT
newyork.ny.us.undernet.org u2.10.12.08 dioswkgx biklmnopstvrD bklov
WHOX WALLCHOPS WALLVOICES USERIP CPRIVMSG CNOTICE SILENCE=15 MODES=6 MAXCHANNELS=15 MAXBANS=45 NICKLEN=12 MAXNICKLEN=15 TOPICLEN=160 AWAYLEN=160 KICKLEN=160 CHANNELLEN=200 MAXCHANNELLEN=200 are supported by this server
CHANTYPES=#& PREFIX=(ov)@+ STATUSMSG=@+ CHANMODES=b,k,l,imnpstrDd CASEMAPPING=rfc1459 NETWORK=UnderNet are supported by this server
-
There are 20009 users and 91269 invisible on 28 servers
65 operator(s) online
263 unknown connection(s)
36890 channels formed
I have 10419 clients and 1 servers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:14 am 

If someone set mode +D on a channel were I have access and I'm on Oslo1 Server I can't see who did that, if he brings flood bots I can see the bots and I can do something, if I'm on Zagreb Server I can see who did that but I can't see the bots when they join the channel (the only way to see them is to use //mode -d $chan , probably the bots already started to flood the channel).
Channel mode +D can be use to do abuses.

One way to prevent this type of abuse is to disable mode +D.

The second way to prevent this type of abuse: a script that should detect if someone set mode +D to a channel, then to use //msg x op $chan [if I have lag I won't be able to protect the channel], then to set -D +mi to the channel, to do //name $chan and //name -d $chan, then to kick all the users that are on the second nicknames list and that aren't on the first nicknames list (it can kick users that aren't bots but you can't be sure at that moment if they are bots or not).

The third way is to increase Max Logins to 2. This way an user can stay with his username on Oslo1 Server and can see the bots when they join the channel, protect the channel (//mode $chan +mi) and ban the bots one by one and also he can stay with his username on Zagreb Server to see who set mode +D to the channel (probably the owner of the bots) and this way he can report the abuser.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:26 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

1. The servers that haven't upgraded haven't due to issues with the new version and the OS they are running, when the coders have worked out those issues they will probably be upgraded.

2. The number of channels a server allows is up to the admin of that server, some limit it due to RAM issues, others bandwidth, they all have their reasons, as I understand it, Undernet only requires they support at least 10. which for most users 10 is fine, a lot of channels do not like people "Parking" in their channels, so if you hare having issues with a servers lower limit, either change servers, or change your channel joining habits. (After all, not many people can hold more than one conversation at a time, so 10+ is very difficult)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:57 pm 

indeed, ;) I have 12 years using mIRC and now I can handle 30 channels at same time ;9 when I start I dont remember to join in more than 3 channels, and I was like O_O i didnt know what to do with so many lines and everybody talk, now I need mroe chans hahaha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 2:57 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

and at least 25 of those channels you are merely parking in 99% of the time :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:25 pm 

indeed, the 70% are backchans and the others are mains chans, so just 5 are active...

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]