It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 6:11 pm 

i see why some persons doesn`t agree for the extra option on the web that hides the access list for those without access on the specific chan , but as i said before , this is just an "extra" option , and the ,managers can use it only if they want to.For example...i have a secret channel and i don`t really want all the lame users to see my access list , maybee my grandma has access... :) i don`t anyone without access to see my access list on my chan...and not necesary for secret/private channels , this option is only for the managers , they can use it only if they want to and i also agree a little with Kahr here (my opinion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2002 10:09 pm 

As an option to the manager,yes,can be good...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 6:53 pm 

Ah, finally my point is being reasoned!

This was for Channel Managers, of course. And I have been to channels were secret is on, but the channel is still too #£$€ easy to find! It would not be easy to find if the access list was hidden from the public.

There are many lamers out there whom have two simple goals:
1. To infiltrate a channel and gain op just for the power of it.
2. To spread hate and disgust around IRC.
Well, why give them that absolute chance when we can avoid it with just what this forum section is about: Hiding channel access, thus, hiding secret channels fully.

I still stand for the extra option for Channel Managers to hide their channel access lists :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2002 8:12 pm 

Yes...we are finaly getting to something here...i think we should wait some more time...and see if we have some support with this extra option or rejection and if everything will be fine than we`ll do something about it , agree? (my opinion)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:31 am 

Well, whether or not the UnderNet Admins like the idea, time will show.
Let's just cross our fingers and hope for the best :)

Have a nice day 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2002 12:42 pm 

After a little time we`ll see what we can do about this "extra option".Let`s just wait a little more...

Post subject: How can we improve undernet?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 4:57 pm 
Hi I'm new on Undernet's forum so pls excuse if I do some mistakes :P

...About your idea to hide the access list on the web... the only thing you'll be able to hide is the lbanlist :) if it has more than 15 bans in it... and if I think better not even the banlist. And now let me explain:

This option would be useful only for channels with many users (with access) on them, and not even for them...

With the /msg x access #channel .... command you can view very easy the entire access list in that channel. Not all at once but piece by piece. And who wants to see that list can use that command. So the HideAccessList option won't help you too much unless you have over 100 users with access in your channel.
And who would like to have such a large number of users in the channel he manages ?!...
And btw... there is a channel on Undernet hidden from public with that option.

Post subject: some of u didnt get the point....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 10:58 pm 

kahr got the point
GG kahr :PP
no one forces u to stay in a channel ... but if i want my channel to be as secret as possible its MY business !!
the ops control the channel ....
is that wrong ? :) dont think so ? else use MSN and get out of irc ...

Post subject: hiding accesses in secret channels?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2003 12:40 pm 

Hey...

Well, if i'm right you want to hide the accesslist in "secret" channels. But if the channel is secret than noone is supposed to know about the exsistance of it, right ? So, if it's secret other users don't know the channel, you can't see the accesslist of a channel you don't know. So what's the point ??

Don't think such an option is needed.

Name: Davy S.
Nickname: []DARK[]
Username: DARKm
E-mail: dark@undernet.org
Position: CService Official Administrator
Organisation: Undernet Channel Service Committee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 12:31 am 

I have a question..and i decided to atach it to this topic :wink: so here goes..Why do some channels registered with CService have secret user access list...and i get a message like this "sorry you can't view this list" ?
Why would they hide a userlist ? What is there to hide ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 3:31 pm 
I never seen such an option (to hide a channel's access list). Does it really exists? (If so, You know I always ask for examples).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 5:04 pm 

I does exist, but not for you probably, the channel that used to have a hidden userlist was #blacklist ,for some reason is not hidden any more...but i remember i asked a cservice helper at the time...and she also couldn't see the userlist ! :confused:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 1:07 am 
Well, I'm sure that the manager from that channel can answer this question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 2:00 am 

Well i don't want to ask the manager, you asked for an example and i gave you one ! The question was why do this secret userlists exist ? Probably the cservice admins know...

Page 2 of 2 [ 29 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2