It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 
 Post subject: problems?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:14 am 

most of the undernet helpers are pretty annoying, i guess its time for undernet to remove all of them. And asking for logs always on the help channels is also annoying but its for the good only i know. but still there should be some user convenience cause some users dont even know how to save logs.

A lot of floods in Undernet network using socks blocks or irc proxys. the servers should be adapted to withstand these floods and ban them whenever there is a flood. If the servers can act as bots it would be real good for protecting channels. Heard there was going to be an introduction of some Administrator password and all, but still no such thing has come up yet i suppose. even if it i dont know cos been away from irc for long.

i guess lots of users face this problem in their channels.

disabling this is like disabling all bans tho but if there is a way to disable ban on /msg x ban $chan *!*@* level level then it would be cool.

and most importantly increase the limit on chanbanlist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:53 am 
Cservice Official

Hey there,

The A-pass project was dropped as far as I know, but we now have Chanfix for help regarding unregistered channels, so now in >95% of the situations, you don't need logs. See http://chanfix.info for details on how it works.

Fighting abuse (floods) is not done automatically, it's done based on filtered reports. So all you have to do is e-mail the logs to abuse-exploits@undernet.org and forget about it.

Making the IRC Servers act like ircd bots would be a terrible loss of resources as it was already discussed here. Instead end-users can set up their own bots with their preferences.

Undernet's Volunteer Helpers are guided by a certain policy and some procedures. The answers they give you can or can be not the same as the answers you wanted to hear. Most people call that arrogance, but fail to see that they asked a simple question and got the right answer for it.

The topic on increasing the maximum ban limit in channels can be found here, and regarding the dropping of the massban command, check out the following links:
http://forum.undernet.org/viewtopic.php?t=1543
http://forum.undernet.org/viewtopic.php?t=843
http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=750
http://forum.undernet.org/viewtopic.php?t=1169

Also use the Search function to reveal more.

Quote:
I guess it's time for Undernet to remove all of them

This is just out of your league.

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 10:24 am 

appreciate this reply, its realy cool to see X taking so many bans now. anyways still what about the channel banlist. hope it gets some more changes.

Can anyone tell me what happens after sending the logs to abuse-exploits@undernet.org , do the flood ip's get k-lined?

then does undernet allow any protections like auto k-line ip's cos of some trojan ports = proxy which are used for flooding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:29 pm 

appreciate this reply, its realy cool to see X taking so many bans now. anyways still what about the channel banlist. hope it gets some more changes.

yeah i want that as well to happen.

Can anyone tell me what happens after sending the logs to abuse-exploits@undernet.org , do the flood ip's get k-lined?

Ussualy proper measures will be taken as in glineing the floodbots dunno if i would be permanetly or how long the duration of gline would be.

then does undernet allow any protections like auto k-line ip's cos of some trojan ports = proxy which are used for flooding?

far as i know hacked machines (infected machines) are being auto-glined.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:34 pm 

if so i think it would be cool to auto k-line ip's on open ports 1080. because most of the abuses with proxys are socks4/5 proxys which have common ports 1080.

this ip range alone gives 500+ per day. 201.1.1.1 - 201.1.255.255 which allows more than 1000+ connections to undernet.

just a suggestion.. bye im out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:36 pm 
Cservice Official

Maximum gline for floodbots I saw was two weeks. I doubt the ones from a-e would be permanent.

Undernet uses pxys for scanning proxies on connect and so on.

Quote:
pxys is a free efficient proxy checker service for IRCU. It features a lightweight IRC service pseudo-server and a powerful open proxy scanner. It is able to rigorously detect several types of misconfigured or vulnerable proxy, like insecure WinGate, Cisco routers, Socks v4 and v5, IRC bouncers and HTTP proxies on configurable ports.

pxys is intended to be used by IRC network administration (currently only Undernet IRCU and some P10 derivatives are supported). It only uses a temporary local IP cache and doesn't need to check against a DNSBL. Thus pxys guarantees a reliable detection and doesn't ban innocent users. See the Undernet ProxyScanner web page.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 4:05 pm 

:classic: :o :-? is it supported on all servers? :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:04 pm 
Cservice Official

No idea, I guess so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:33 pm 

It is able to rigorously detect several types of misconfigured or vulnerable proxy, like insecure WinGate, Cisco routers, Socks v4 and v5, IRC bouncers and HTTP proxies on configurable ports.

as you said undernet servers use this, but i dont think there is any k-lining. because how can proxys still connect to undernet servers if they are being scanned? Or rather say only scanned and NO ACTION!..?

between it does scan for trojanned infected computers with adware virus/trojans. cos i have experienced it once, i have been k-lined from undernet once when i was hit by some trojans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:26 am 
Forum Moderator

Blame some of the server admins that don't run BOPM and pxys, the proxy bots connect to their servers. The glines issued for proxy connections are local. So that's the issue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2006 2:45 am 

sorry i came to give suggestion, not to blame anyone. anyways your right its the server admins fault tho.

Post subject: Re: problems?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:16 am 

Don't have to worry about annoying server admins when u can't connect to the service ..... this has never happened to me before ... is there something going on with Undernet that I don't know about ???

dragonelle wrote:
most of the undernet helpers are pretty annoying, i guess its time for undernet to remove all of them. And asking for logs always on the help channels is also annoying but its for the good only i know. but still there should be some user convenience cause some users dont even know how to save logs.

A lot of floods in Undernet network using socks blocks or irc proxys. the servers should be adapted to withstand these floods and ban them whenever there is a flood. If the servers can act as bots it would be real good for protecting channels. Heard there was going to be an introduction of some Administrator password and all, but still no such thing has come up yet i suppose. even if it i dont know cos been away from irc for long.

i guess lots of users face this problem in their channels.

disabling this is like disabling all bans tho but if there is a way to disable ban on /msg x ban $chan *!*@* level level then it would be cool.

and most importantly increase the limit on chanbanlist.

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ]