It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Adding personal servers to Undernet.....
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:19 pm 
I wonder why are so many condition for adding your IRC server in Undernet network!
My ideea is that every server should recive the agreedment from Undernet of joining this network.
Of course this doesn't meen that the server shopuld recive .undernet.org but it should be included in the Undernet network in the random process. For example when I type /server eu.undernet.org I wouldn't mind to connect to a server witch isn't *.eu.undernet.org if it's linked to Undernet network.

I think this ideea should be adopted. But hey It's just my ideea, witch I consider to be a very good one!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:29 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

What in the world are you talking about ?

Eenie

Post subject: Re: Adding personal servers to Undernet.....
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:31 am 

noobs2007 wrote:
I wonder why are so many condition for adding your IRC server in Undernet network!
My ideea is that every server should recive the agreedment from Undernet of joining this network.
Of course this doesn't meen that the server shopuld recive .undernet.org but it should be included in the Undernet network in the random process. For example when I type /server eu.undernet.org I wouldn't mind to connect to a server witch isn't *.eu.undernet.org if it's linked to Undernet network.

I think this ideea should be adopted. But hey It's just my ideea, witch I consider to be a very good one!!!!

?!?!?!?!?! What's this? If you'd be try to be more explicite and your english to have sense, it would be just perfect, im not saying that your english has to be perfect, but at least understandable, otherwise it would be kinda of hard to understand what you are talking about, take it as a friendly advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 2:56 pm 

I have a better idea
I know you're new and all, but i'll give you a tip..if you don't make sence in your posts, and if the ideas you offer have already been discussed, or are simply stupid (no offence), the threads will get locked(atleast) I know how it's like to be new on the forum, and wanting to increase your posts and all that, but please..post when you have something relevant to say

Kewl avatar, eenie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:42 pm 
Cservice Official

Consider this a warning, noobs2007.

First of all, I suggest you stop posting and have a look around.
Many topics get locked just because they don't make any sense.

http://www.undernet.org is a really powerful resource, it has a load of documentation you might browse, not to mention the numerous projects.
Take your time and read them selectively.

Still, no offence, your posts aren't ways of IMPROVING undernet, they're ways of giving anonymous users more power. We can't afford that, really.
If you don't work your way in achieving something, when or if you do, you can't consider it as an achievement, instead you feel like you can dispose of it.

Last, add some logical thinking in your posts, or else your threads can get locked, or even worse.

Best regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:18 am 
Senior Cservice Admin

noobs2007 Undernet has such requirements due to loading reasons, and server code limitations.

These include:

- A previous limitation on the number of servers on the network (was 64, which doesn't apply now that I am aware of but may).
- And more importantly, a loading issues such as 4000+ irc clients on an unreliable low end adsl connection is just not viable.

Sure you can set up a server, but there is far more to consider when connecting to a large network like Undernet, which routinely has 100,000+ clients therefore requiring that a connecting server needs 10-100BT Ethernet with backbone connections at least that fast all the way to the next server, at least 1 Gig of RAM, and P4+ processing power just for the irc process.

Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ]