It is currently Wed Feb 26, 2020 7:08 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Unban with level
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:38 pm 

It will be a great idea ( in my opinion ) to estabilish unban with level … so let suppose that I’m the manager of a channel ( user level 500 ) #channel , and my list is almost full … and i want to unban some masks , but in the same time i want to keep the bans of hight level … so i propose to use some llike : /msg x unban #channel level_in_here , if i don’t type level X should use my access level … in my case if i’m 500 and want to use /msg x unban #channel 100 – it`s just an example and a proposal
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:52 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

This sounds like a really kewl idea, they way you describe it sounds similar to how the suspend command works now (in regards to how you can optionally set the level required to remove the suspend, again, assumes your access level).

I do like this idea, your unban level option could be handy in other ways too, such as bans in X that can't be seen (the low level massdeoppro created ones that stop someone from getting ops), it could allow someone to just clear them all with /msg x unban #channel * 74 without affecting any "not allowed in channel" bans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 12:52 pm 
Senior Cservice Admin

Actually as much as I like the idea, there is a better work around, get your channels ops to set appropriate levels on their ban's.

As for the manager (and those with higher access), they can login to http://cservice.undernet.org/live/, click on their channel in the channel list, and scroll down to see all the bans in order to single out the ones they want to remove.

As for low level bans, they can always be removed with /msg x unban #channel nickname of affected user.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:46 pm 

yes , i understand what you said , but i allude to big channels , if i have 200 bans in my channel list , which i want to unban is conveninet for me to type one command , not 200 :)

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]