It is currently Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Test idea to less the number of flooding clons on servers..
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:27 pm 

i see that ONLY few and ONLY US. servers have something like /QUOTE PASS to connect the network... i think we should add this to all the servers on the network... i bet that will pretty much less the number of clone loaded every day and disturb the channel... and will let a big connection load off the servers from people connecting clones to it.... like i said.. its just an idea... hope someone would say something about it.. and what they thing about this...

Post subject: Re: Test idea to less the number of flooding clons on server
PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:37 pm 

some server admins does not want that to happen..

clones and bots raises the number of people and if they all dissepear undernet will lose ranks on searchirc..

Sounds stupid? But its reality...

If the undernet's admins would want to erradicate the drones/floodbots, it would have happened.

but they "allow" them to park on the network just to keep the numbers high..

Still sounds stupid? Prove me otherwise please....

i am visiting a channel in particular with 200+ bots on it.. all random nicknames and its been 8days its up and nothing happened..

Undernet is just too damm corrupted to do something. If something is done, and the network is cleaned up.. i will take back my words, and i will write an official apology letter to the so called "admins"..

till then.. you got to protect yourself the right ways.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:06 pm 

uZerS wrote:
i see that ONLY few and ONLY US. servers have something like /QUOTE PASS to connect the network... i think we should add this to all the servers on the network... i bet that will pretty much less the number of clone loaded every day and disturb the channel... and will let a big connection load off the servers from people connecting clones to it.... like i said.. its just an idea... hope someone would say something about it.. and what they thing about this...

First, the "/quote pass..." only occurs for users that don't have their identd enabled (or broken, taking too long to reply, etc.) While it appears many drones have this affliction, it could easily be enabled via scripting (at least when mIRC is the client and no firewall/router is blocking port 113.)

More importantly, if Undernet chose this path, a single line of scripting on the drones (again, at least in the case of mIRC, I don't know about other clients) and the drones will automatically reply with the requested info. I suspect this is already happening in many cases as it seems so many drones have the ~ in front of their userid already and are still present on Undernet.

It's nice to see people are still thinking about ways to reduce this problem, though. :)

MrEen

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:39 pm 

i know its because of the " ~ " we have to use it... but still the numbers clones will be reduced for sure... i dont know but the drone thing that much.. but loading clone they use proxys or sock4s etc... and each one will have the ~ in fornt of the identd... and not all will know how to add a script to the things to ignore the /QUOTE PASS .... even if they do it will take time i guess.... and like i said it will reduce big numbers....

btw dont know nothing about that your talking about ;) xplo

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]