It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:08 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Special announcements
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 5:41 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Bucharest, Romania
New usermode +x, +R , and channel mode +r +M ,+C ,+N, +T ,+L ,+c ,+Q ,+Z

With the channel mode +C nobody can /ctcp channel.
With the channel mode +Z only people connected via SSL can enter channel , Mode +Z - SSL only.
With the channel mode +c nobody can se colors in channel.
with the channel mode +Q - Strip quit/part message reasons
With the channel mode +L nobody can see your channel in /list .
With the channel mode +N nobody can send notice to channel.
With the channel mode +T the /ame and /amsg will not show in channel.
With the channel mode +M only registered people with username and logged in can write in channel.
With the user mode +R only registered people with username and logged in can contact you via pm/private. simply do /mode your_nickname +R .
With the introduction of CService usernames, users can hide their real IP address without using a bounced connection. All they have to do is to login into X using



_________________
Manager #HelpDesk Channel
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:12 pm 
#Userguide Member
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:44 am
Posts: 122
Location: Coruscant
Take it easy ! :D
We are talking about an UNMODERATED network, we are not QuakeNet or any other network... :wink:
+R has been discussed already, check the forum.



_________________
You must join me, and together we will destroy the Sith.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 12:39 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Bucharest, Romania
Dooku wrote:
Take it easy ! :D
We are talking about an UNMODERATED network, we are not QuakeNet or any other network... :wink:
+R has been discussed already, check the forum.


Last edited by dontuta on Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.


_________________
Manager #HelpDesk Channel
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 5:55 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:41 pm
Posts: 69
dontuta wrote:
With the channel mode +L nobody can see your channel in /list .


+s and +p already do a good job. :wink:



_________________
Dead account, don't bother contacting.
Image
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:10 am 
Senior Cservice Admin
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2003 2:47 am
Posts: 564
Location: Hamilton, New Zealand
dontuta wrote:
New usermode +x, +R , and channel mode +r +M ,+C ,+N, +T ,+L ,+c ,+Q ,+Z

With the channel mode +C nobody can /ctcp channel.
With the channel mode +Z only people connected via SSL can enter channel , Mode +Z - SSL only.
With the channel mode +c nobody can se colors in channel.
with the channel mode +Q - Strip quit/part message reasons
With the channel mode +L nobody can see your channel in /list .
With the channel mode +N nobody can send notice to channel.
With the channel mode +T the /ame and /amsg will not show in channel.
With the channel mode +M only registered people with username and logged in can write in channel.
With the user mode +R only registered people with username and logged in can contact you via pm/private. simply do /mode your_nickname +R .
With the introduction of CService usernames, users can hide their real IP address without using a bounced connection. All they have to do is to login into X using


+C been discussed, coders are not interested, also note: any implementation will block /me as well (yes thats right, /me is a CTCP message), this feature would require the servers to start reading messages, therefore breaking undernet's unmoderated status, therefore will not happen. sorry.
+Z assumes SSL support by IRC servers (not currently supported), also assumes other irc servers will be able to know the difference between an SSL connected user, and an no SSL connected user, requires major coding, and due to the nature of the network (completely volunteered), I doubt this will ever happen.
+c see +C above.
+Q, possible for /part messages, not for quit/signoff messages (part is a channel based command, quit/signoff isn't), this one is probably better handled by the irc client tho.
+L is a waste of time, +s and possibly +p do this.
+N interesting idea, although it would also block /onotice as they are notices as well (so far this is the only one I think is a good idea).
+T is not possible, /ame and /amsg are irc client commands, not server commands if your irc client supports those commands, it is actually bothering to send the message everywhere, the servers are not doing it for you.
+M another waste of time, +r channel mode does this
+R been discussed, can be achieved with /silence +*!*@*,+~*!*@undernet.org,+~*!*@*.undernet.org



_________________
xplora @ undernet.org
Past Co-ordinator
Undernet Channel Services Committee
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:32 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 30
Location: Bucharest, Romania
xplora wrote:
dontuta wrote:
New usermode +x, +R , and channel mode +r +M ,+C ,+N, +T ,+L ,+c ,+Q ,+Z

With the channel mode +C nobody can /ctcp channel.
With the channel mode +Z only people connected via SSL can enter channel , Mode +Z - SSL only.
With the channel mode +c nobody can se colors in channel.
with the channel mode +Q - Strip quit/part message reasons
With the channel mode +L nobody can see your channel in /list .
With the channel mode +N nobody can send notice to channel.
With the channel mode +T the /ame and /amsg will not show in channel.
With the channel mode +M only registered people with username and logged in can write in channel.
With the user mode +R only registered people with username and logged in can contact you via pm/private. simply do /mode your_nickname +R .
With the introduction of CService usernames, users can hide their real IP address without using a bounced connection. All they have to do is to login into X using


+C been discussed, coders are not interested, also note: any implementation will block /me as well (yes thats right, /me is a CTCP message), this feature would require the servers to start reading messages, therefore breaking undernet's unmoderated status, therefore will not happen. sorry.
+Z assumes SSL support by IRC servers (not currently supported), also assumes other irc servers will be able to know the difference between an SSL connected user, and an no SSL connected user, requires major coding, and due to the nature of the network (completely volunteered), I doubt this will ever happen.
+c see +C above.
+Q, possible for /part messages, not for quit/signoff messages (part is a channel based command, quit/signoff isn't), this one is probably better handled by the irc client tho.
+L is a waste of time, +s and possibly +p do this.
+N interesting idea, although it would also block /onotice as they are notices as well (so far this is the only one I think is a good idea).
+T is not possible, /ame and /amsg are irc client commands, not server commands if your irc client supports those commands, it is actually bothering to send the message everywhere, the servers are not doing it for you.
+M another waste of time, +r channel mode does this
+R been discussed, can be achieved with /silence +*!*@*,+~*!*@undernet.org,+~*!*@*.undernet.org


Thank you for your attention hope + N mode to be in an application is interesting.



_________________
Manager #HelpDesk Channel
Offline
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Special announcements
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 pm 

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:47 pm
Posts: 1
dontuta wrote:
New usermode +x, +R , and channel mode +r +M ,+C ,+N, +T ,+L ,+c ,+Q ,+Z

With the channel mode +C nobody can /ctcp channel.
With the channel mode +Z only people connected via SSL can enter channel , Mode +Z - SSL only.
With the channel mode +c nobody can se colors in channel.
with the channel mode +Q - Strip quit/part message reasons
With the channel mode +L nobody can see your channel in /list .
With the channel mode +N nobody can send notice to channel.
With the channel mode +T the /ame and /amsg will not show in channel.
With the channel mode +M only registered people with username and logged in can write in channel.
With the user mode +R only registered people with username and logged in can contact you via pm/private. simply do /mode your_nickname +R .
With the introduction of CService usernames, users can hide their real IP address without using a bounced connection. All they have to do is to login into X using


Cservice usernames are usefull....
I hide my websites ip address by using software from google.Then checked with http://www.ip-details.com ip is not shown...


Offline
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

cron