It is currently Sun Dec 17, 2017 11:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Resignation: Please Read That!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 2:27 pm 

Hello everyone, you might not have seen me online weeks now. That was due some problems i had to face in my real life. Those days, i 've been thinking that my future is the most important thing for me at the moment.

I have decided to quit the IRC *thing*. It started being too complicated and tiring for me. My involve into User Committee was a nice experience but that's enough. It is actually a useless committee; it doesn't contribute to Undernet's running. It is just a committee aparted of many many projects which many lamers (wannabees) want to join it. No offence at Cynthia and whoever is involved to. I worked with great persons (carlillos, tc, bbwolf, blackcat, azul), but user-com is dead... apart from Promotions and webmasters, all the other projects seem to be inactive.

Anyhow, i know that by reading that some of you might get out of your clothes, i felt the need to say what i believe.

Don't forget that irc is just an illusion... It means nothing to your real life and won't contribute to your professional restoration, but it might interfere it.

I want to excuse about the Anti-Cancer Event. My team and i worked very hard for it (xplora, windu) and those who had sent questions. The last weeks i am in tension, i have no time to eat either... The channel #anti-cancer, which is nothing but a memorial channel for those who have died and suffer, will be transferred into another username. The new manager can reorganize the event. I will give him/her the questions we gathered and the contact emails. Also xplora's bot is still alive

I have removed myself from #userguide and i hope Cynthia unsuscribed me from user-com's mailing lists. Also chan managers remove my username from their channels and simba remove my username from moderating this forum.

Take care guys...

P.S. My new email is stefano.sordini@larnaca.com.cy

Stefano Sordi
Former Undernet Volunteer

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 11:32 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Quote:
It is actually a useless committee; it doesn't contribute to Undernet's running. It is just a committee aparted of many many projects which many lamers (wannabees) want to join it. No offence at Cynthia and whoever is involved to. I worked with great persons (carlillos, tc, bbwolf, blackcat, azul), but user-com is dead... apart from Promotions and webmasters, all the other projects seem to be inactive.

I don't like the matters you have just said above. The Undernet's User Committee runs very well. We can't avoid "wannabees" all the time. If you think some might be, it is your opinion. Plus, the User-Com's projects ain't "dead" as you said. They are very active. All of them gets ideas and near projects for the future: things are moving a lot! A reason explaining what you said could be that you weren't informed about them.

Last edited by Patry on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:00 am 

Hmm...interesting...seems like the committe it's going very very well... :-?

Regards,

Post subject: Re: Resignation: Please Read That!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:41 pm 

Stefano wrote:
It (User Committee) is just a committee aparted of many many projects which many lamers (wannabees) want to join it.

I have removed myself from #userguide and i hope Cynthia unsuscribed me from user-com's mailing lists. Also chan managers remove my username from their channels and simba remove my username from moderating this forum.

How come you still have the "#Userguide member" rank under your username?

#UserGuide Trainee
kenv@kenv.net

Post subject: Re: Resignation: Please Read That!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2003 9:19 am 
#Userguide Member

Stefano wrote:
It is actually a useless committee; it doesn't contribute to Undernet's running. It is just a committee aparted of many many projects which many lamers (wannabees) want to join it. No offence at Cynthia and whoever is involved to. I worked with great persons (carlillos, tc, bbwolf, blackcat, azul), but user-com is dead... apart from Promotions and webmasters, all the other projects seem to be inactiv

It is not a useless committee by far, Stef, it is very useful. Just the fact that if the committee would stop working altogether now and the network would still run technically doesn't mean that it is useless. It is to me obvious that both your involvement and dedication were not as sincere as they might have been perceived. If you thought the committee was useless, dead and full of wannabees [sic] why were you a member of it for so long anyway?

Stefano wrote:
Don't forget that irc is just an illusion... It means nothing to your real life and won't contribute to your professional restoration, but it might interfere it.

If you are dedicated enough to a certain thing, it doesn't have to have physical form in order for it to contribute and be part of your life. The "if I can't touch it, it's not there" attitude is for those people that are unable to focus on anything other than the physical things make out their life, which is boring.

I can then assume that the love you have for your parents, for instance, is an illusion as well, it means nothing to your real life and contributes nothing to your professional "restoration", right? Or thoughts, who needs them? You can't really see them, smell them, touch them... then they can't possibly contribute anything to your life.

Tell me Stefano, what does your professional "restoration" consist of? And why would you like to have a professional future if you can't enjoy the things in life that are not material, if you can't be part of something that is not material?

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ]