It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:15 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Botnet floods
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:11 pm 
Recruiting project admin

A problem that arising lately and having a major impact on many channels is the flood via botnets, as you know these are not open sock IPs and therefore the proxyscanner onconnect will have no effect.
I might have a solution to this, i will expose it here and you tell me what u think of it / make some improvements if any can be done.

I think most of the domains that are infected and used are known (such as *.rr) , these can be setup as a list in a txt file and connected to some remote or tcl. On tsunami/avalanche flood detection (large), all the domains in the txt are banned through X one by one.
This work cannot be done by 1 eggdrop/script , in the case of eggys there has to be at least 2 bots connected together (or more, depending on the size of the txt), every bot will have his own list.txt to ban through X, let's say we do a loop with 8 IPs to be banned, after that a freeze timer of 2 seconds and the same loop again, so on to finish the assigned list.
When flood is done, either the bans can be removed by a manual command sent to the bots or with a timer of 5 minutes for example on the tcl itself. I know the description isn't perfect but the idea is there, coding it isn't hard but i'm looking for ways to improve it somehow.
I'd like to try it on small scale (2 or 3 channels) myself to see some results. if anyone's interested lemme know.

Best Regards,
Iceberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 3:30 pm 

uhm, this item has been discussed more then often already, please read existing posts before simply posting a new topic. Thank you.

Post subject: Hum
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 5:00 pm 
Recruiting project admin

HeH sorry 'bout that , could someone give me a link for where this has been discussed? So i get a clearly idea and maybe find someone to help.

Best Regards,
Iceberg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 10:10 pm 

Look at the top, you will see a nice link called "Search"

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ]