It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:24 am 

For the sake of asking, like how many percent that the User-Com will bring back the UUS Project? rate it from 1-5. It's been years and still no progress about this project I'm just curious if there's a CHANCE still that this project will be open up in the next months/years. Atm, SanitariuM (who dedicate his scripting skills making a script currently known as UUS (Undernet User Script) and this is his dream about decade ago. By any means, I dunno if User-Com will grant about this script which was their project for more many years and yet no progress (I understand the "busy" stuffs about the coders but the time is running so maybe you can give an idea or answer about this project).

Regards,
lemuel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:11 am 

The Undernet User Committee, represented by the co-ordinator, holds the copyright of all the material produced by any usercom project. Everything written, programmed, showed or made by any member within a usercom project is copyrighted by the Usercom. This includes the newsletter articles, the class logs, mirc scripts, written documents, etc.

Contact user-com@undernet.org before using any name or material related to the Usercom, please.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:28 am 

Meaning any users who are not member of the User Committee are not allowed to create such project? correct me if I'm wrong. But since the UUS project has been dead for a long time, is there any way that the current UUS made my SanitariuM has a chance to be reviewed by any User-Com coordinators/members? or let's say if the author of the project will contact User-Com does it mean that he can have the chance of making the project officially released?

Just my curiosity.

Post subject: Re: UUS - www.user-com.undernet.org/uus
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:23 pm 

I know that this project is dead since it first started, im gona give it a try and take the lead of it, ofc if the user-com wants that AND if they considerate worth doing it. Anyway im coding the script as we speek.
Please send your ideas here regarding to what features should i inciude inside it! Or you can /msg Xaifas <>

Regards
Xaifas

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:35 am 

Hello.

Well.. from my point of view, Xaifas is the right man to take this project in his hands. He has good knowledge in scripting/coding/etc.
Don't let this project dead, give it a chance, give Xaifas a chance and you'll see that he's the best for this 'job'.

Thank you.

Respectfully,
kid^ @ undernet

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:47 am 

I think getting uus back is a great idea, and Xaifas has the skills and experience to do that..

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:54 am 

Yupp.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 1:47 pm 

As you probably know, UUS is back in bussiness now. Me along with the other coders from the team are doing our best to release it as soon as possible.
There is no official date so don't bother on asking. If you have any questions or comments to add or ideas on what should we include inside it please let us know.
You can either visit our channel #uus or starting from tommorow you can send us an e-mail at uus@undernet.org. Don't forget we are doing this for you, so your idea is important to us!

Note: We are not looking for other coders/scripters right now.

Screenshot with an module of UUS:
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/uus/uuspreviewkd3.jpg

More comming soon

Regards
Xaifas

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:34 pm 
#Userguide Member

We are now expecting a early first version of UUS. Please stand by.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:11 pm 

[quote="MartYanu2"]We are now expecting a early first version of UUS. Please stand by.[/quote]

I love it when forums are kept fresh :P

UUS ha been released a few days ago. On the 16th June we saw some movement on The Official UUS ( http://www.user-com.undernet.org/uus/ ) page:

2010/06/16 (@MartYanu2) Hehe, seems it took us double to release our initial release version according the plan, but, now... You can get it! Here's the downloads page
Hope you enjoy it and we are waiting feedbacks! Have fun :-) Erm, and...don't judge us too hard, it's only the beginning :o)

Download page: http://www.user-com.undernet.org/uus/downloads/

I guess they do wish to see feedback, only it's hard to contact them, but if anyone writes good/bad ideas here, they'll notice at some point, or I think so.

UPDATE: By joining #UUS on Undernet you get a notice from UUS bot:

-UUS(martyanu@UUS.users.undernet.org)- Any bugs, critics should be sent directly to uus@undernet.org

So that's another way to give feedback.

UPDATE 2: <@MartYanu2> anyway, the script has an feedback/bug report function implemented.

The 3rd way of giving feedback.

Post subject: Needs more cowbell; or beta testing.
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:39 pm 

A few quick observations just from scanning through the script:

1. Why on Earth did you use an alias that is already a VERY used command (nick - line 517?)
2. Line 3493 has this : .run fileupload.exe $qt($mircdirquarantine\ $+ $nopath($filename))
No fileupload.exe included in my download (thankfully!)
3. Line 302 (Your whois stuff) should use a while loop to determine common channels.
4. Your package includes a mirc.ini (no thanks, I like my settings.)
5. Your popups.ini has no error checking for users mistyping channel names, nicks, etc. (Also, again I like MY settings!)
6. From popups.ini (lpopup): n22=.Chat://ctcp $$1 chat (I didn't see an alias that would make this do something.) (Also, again I like MY settings!)
7. Same section as above: You have a couple of kicks that read "kickmsgs.txt", but that file wasn't included either. (Also, again I like MY settings!)
8. You have a couple of blocks of code completely commented out. You might want to remove those when you "release" this script.

I have some suggestions for cleaning/compacting the code some, but I think I've given you enough to chew on for now, other than COMBINE THOSE MENUS!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:57 am 

This is exactly the kind of comments / suggestions I like to see!

It's people like you and Rufus with structured comments that will make that script better for the users.

If the project ever needs more members I'm sure your name will be on the list.

Kind Regards,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:08 am 

One of my comments would be,

I copied over the mIRC.exe file to the directory like it said

C:\Program Files (x86)\Undernet User Script

Then when I run the mIRC.exe from within the above directory and try to do //load -rs start.uus

* /load: no such file 'C:\Users\shaun.okeefe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\start.uus'
-

I'm using Windows 7 if that helps...

Cheers,
S

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:21 pm 
#Userguide Member

[quote="simba"]One of my comments would be,

I copied over the mIRC.exe file to the directory like it said

C:\Program Files (x86)\Undernet User Script

Then when I run the mIRC.exe from within the above directory and try to do //load -rs start.uus

* /load: no such file 'C:\Users\shaun.okeefe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\start.uus'
-

I'm using Windows 7 if that helps...

Cheers,
S[/quote]

If you have a higher version than mIRC 6.35 (inclusive) the default mIRC dir is the one from the %APPDATA% folder and not the one you install it to (where mIRC.exe is located). Please copy mIRC.ini in C:\Program Files (x86)\Undernet User Script in order to make it work as a portable version (these new mIRC versions are default installed in program files, but the settings (ini files and folders) are installed in the %APPDATA% (C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\mIRC) (type %APPDATA% in Start -> Run), so the mIRC reads the directory as being the %APPDATA% one instead of the Program Files one.)

You can fix it only with copying mIRC.ini where mIRC.exe is located, that's why I added mIRC.ini in the v1.1 release (with some fixes) <- That's available for you too MrEen :)

Quoting MrEen:

4. Your package includes a mirc.ini (no thanks, I like my settings.)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:12 am 

Just to clarify, the %APPDATA% ("Application Data\mIRC") folder has been used since version 6.3 for Vista compatibility (for new installs only, I believe.) I now understand what you're doing there (I just hope your script still works on Vista.)

I'd still really like you to consider changing the "nick" alias (it's not even a local alias.)

One code cleaning tip I'd suggest right now is when you're performing the same action on multiple id's in a dialog you can use commas between the id's instead of putting each one on it's own line. (i.e. did -r $dname 1,2,3,4 or did -a $dname 1,2,3,4 somethingtoadd)

MrEen

P.S. For Simba, you could also type //load -rs $qt(C:\Program Files (x86)\Undernet User Script\start.uus) (I assume "Undernet User Script" is the folder that contains start.uus for you; my download used UUS for the folder name.) Beware that this would then use your default mirc.ini for settings which may not be what you'd want to do.

Page 4 of 5 [ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next