It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 3 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:04 am 
Forum Super Moderator

kid ... that does not help anyone, does it?

Seriously, so many pages are outdated by years. It appears those responsible are too busy or too *something* to get the job done. My point remains, I am sure there are lots of people waiting in the wings to help out, if only allowed to.

Eenie :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2003 11:09 am 
At the time I updated the documents, Cynthia was in charge of posting them on the webpage. Seems rather important that nuffin's been updated to me.

Post subject: don't kill me pls, I'm shy :)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 11:09 am 

:) this is a great way to begin. Becuase I think (with some good motivated reasons), that the Users Commitee is the only project that is able to change the fastest (adapt) to new requirements. So, As I laid on my chair and read all this, i thought: " hehe! I hope all Undernet Officials can be like this! It's beautifull!". Wich brings me the point I want to underline: before I make some suggestions, I would really like to know what can and what can't be changed and why.
I am sorry to bring sad things into discussion in this group, but I think a l lill light is needed.
PS: Thank all that inspired me to fight for the comon good! (carl, lerebel, speed, and, though always critical, tc :) )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 1:57 am 

It is a thread in Undernet coder committe forum called UUS - Undernet User Script, afaik this project belongs to user-com. You should move it into this forum (Undernet User-Committee). It is not the 1st time i mention this, also Patry asked someone to move it. :roll:

#UserGuide Trainee
kenv@kenv.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 12:50 pm 
kenv.. you are doing a big mistake.. Coder-Com is something, UUS is something else.. The webpage for Coder-Com is: http://coder-com.undernet.org/ as for UUS is: http://www.user-com.undernet.org//uus/. Too different sites, two different things. Undernet Coder Committee is a committee that is dedicated to produce high quality IRC servers for the Undernet community. The Undernet User Script is a project to create scripts for various IRC clients, specifically for use with the Undernet IRC network.

Hope you all understood my point. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 2:35 pm 
I think the point was .. why post a thread regarding a IRC script (= related NOT to coding) which is made by User-Com in the coder-com section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 10:08 pm 

me wrote:
It is a thread in Undernet coder committe forum called UUS - Undernet User Script, afaik this project belongs to user-com. You should move it into this forum (the thread) (Undernet User-Committee). It is not the 1st time i mention this, also Patry asked someone to move it. :roll:

#UserGuide Trainee
kenv@kenv.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 11:23 am 
Forum Moderator

During the holidays you think about the year that is almost over. And about the year that is coming, in which you put many hopes and dreams. May all your dreams come true in 2004. Happy holidays and a happy New Year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 2:02 pm 
:lol: thanks Dj.. same to you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:35 pm 

Hi folks, your comments, suggestions and constructive criticisms does actually help us improve our work and correct our mistakes. Please, keep posting what you think can help make Undernet a better place for you and for us.

Thanks for supporting us. Enjoy the Undernet

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 11:28 pm 

I find the class and opschool notices quite annoying.. Maybe put a setting to X to allow us to ignore these effecient?

Alia25

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 12:01 am 

alia25 wrote:
I find the class and opschool notices quite annoying.. Maybe put a setting to X to allow us to ignore these effecient?

Alia25

wouldn't the /ignore fix your problem? why always X is involved, X is a Channel Service Bot not a User Service Bot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 3:25 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Annoying notices as you call them, are wallops. Simply use /mode <nickname> -w or //mode $me -w to fix your problem

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 4:32 pm 

Patry wrote:
Annoying notices as you call them, are wallops. Simply use /mode <nickname> -w or //mode $me -w to fix your problem

I don't think that //mode $me -w would fix it, since they use global notice and not wallop :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2004 8:38 pm 
Forum Moderator

Homer is right, the use of wallops would only get you on your classes experienced users who know how to set /mode +w on and ircops who have it as a default when they login.

However global notice is more eficient as it will send a notice to all users on the network except the ones that are silent.

If you could can the number of users with mode +d on (and you can but you must have global access to X) you would see that you wouldn`t have 300-400 users per class if only users with wallops on will get the message.

Homer? How would ignore solve the problem? He should know the exact nickname of the ircop who notices. Sometimes the ircop changes his nick to Annouce, sometimes he doesn`t. Ignore would not work, and i can`t think of any way of not getting annouced about the classes.

I just wonder how 3 lines can get you so upset?!

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Page 3 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next