It is currently Wed May 24, 2017 8:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 5 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: UG is going down
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 3:25 pm 

Cynthia , Patry .

#UserGuide is going down , not enough trained helpers , no volunteers are allowed to give a hand in the channel if he is not trained .
UG has a good reputation , but this reputation is going down day by day , i spent some time in the channel , and finaly i saw that users joins for help BUT they don`t get any reply because there is not enough trained helpers . And that`s my point , you guys should do something about it , try to give more atention to train new volunteers like your staff says , if no in a maximum 1 year and a half ug will be DEATH .
#Class is going up , and keep up the good work .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 4:21 pm 
#Userguide Member

Hey,

Thanks a lot for your concern.
You see, a lot of old members left (permanently or temporary) the team due to not having enough free time, real life problems, etc.
and that's the case not with just UserGuide but a lot of other projects.
And since not enough attention was given to training new people to replace the old ones it got to this.
That's why a "recruting comittee" (you can read about that here ) was formed, which has the task of bringing new staff to the projects.
But of course user-com is rather selective, that's why not just anyone can help in #UserGuide.

Hopefully soon the channel will be staffed 24x7 :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:15 pm 

yep..somebody from user-com told me about the problem with tutors ...hmm...you guys should add new tutors who will realy have time for new trainees OR add volunteers with experience without the basic training untill you guys will find some new tutors..my opinion because ug real needs some guys to help out . so now it`s your decision , hope you`ll have a good one and ug will be what it was before :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:20 pm 

And about that recruiting staff , i saw it was post on [Posted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 11:33 am Post subject: We're recruiting!] and in the ug site says that the applys are closed . LoL , how come ? Are the applys open or not ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:56 pm 
#Userguide Member

Yes they are, the userguide page hasn't been updated in a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:14 pm 

mebbe you can set a topic on the channel if it's ok. Anyway userguide@undernet.org is up.

Bring it up. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 5:04 pm 
#Userguide Member

Yeah I suppose channel topic would be an ideea.
I think the userguide@ address is blocked off from public because of spam
the mail for training issues regarding UserGuide is ug-training@undernet.org but I suggest you cc it to uc-recruit@undernet.org as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:40 am 

I have a question. When will send a mail to uc-recruit@undernet.org we have to send it for our users mail or it doesnt matter ? And how long i have to wait for a reply ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 8:58 pm 
Forum Moderator

It doesn`t really matter from which email adress you send the email as long as it belongs to you. As for a reply, you`ll just have to be pacient, #userguide members/admins have their own real life and might be busy or the number or applications might be too large to get a reply in a short time....

Have pacience and Good Luck.

8 years on this forum and i'm still the #1 poster around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 4:43 am 

GeorgeGE wrote:
I have a question. When will send a mail to uc-recruit@undernet.org we have to send it for our users mail or it doesnt matter ? And how long i have to wait for a reply ?

If you didn't get a reply you can visit the channel and ask there. Just don't be lame about it or else you'll be kicked out in the channel. READ the channel topic and ask politely to a channel member, that would help you fig out about what you're talking in here. Imho, their rebuilding the channel as of now I myself too is interested in some projects it's just that lack of time. Real life comes first :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 10:32 am 

The clamour for this committee's restructuring is loud and clear. There's no leadership, no concern, no will to do something. Reviving this group is possible if there's commitment and leadership from the top administration.

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:56 pm 

Exactly, it seems like since Bay left the administration, the committee has fallen apart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:38 am 

Well, there's a possibility that the committee will be back just like before I know you guys out there are doing your job so just a wish of luck for all you and it might takes time to made things done. :wink:

Keep up the good work.

Post subject: ..
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:32 am 

All my posts have been edited to nothing, seen as the Undernet forums is totally a waste of space, with inbred's like simba running it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Huggins on Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:10 pm 

attitudes like which? of whom? changing from what to what?

Constructive criticism means not only posting suggestions to improve something, but to propose clear solutions to current problems. So Huggins, please clarify your post, else please shush. The less Usercom needs is encrypted comments like yours.

Page 5 of 6 [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next