It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 11:53 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Our newsletter is currently working with PHP and mySQL (obviously). Two years ago, one of the Undernet's webmasters coded a system specifically for the project. This system helped us a lot. Meaning we could, for instance, submit news & articles, access to a database so our staff can edit submitted articles and spell check them and also approve the post of the article. Major changes when we think that at the beginning (1996), issues were released in HTML.

Now, in 2004, we are planning to get a whole new look. As you might know, there is already a logo contest in progress. In addition to that, webmasters are working to get pictures or images in article now available. This task has been put on the table few months ago and is currently being worked on. Just be patient, please.

As for the newsletter live into your mailbox, this is also another task that the UnderCurrents crew is working on. The mailing list is under maintenance. We try to get everything ready for the next edition which is May/June.

Ideas, feedback or suggestions should be directly directed to the following e-mail address: newsletter@undernet.org, or in this forum section.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 5:38 am 

Im excited to read new articles :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 6:09 pm 

DUNCAN_ wrote:
So far , so good. The only question that's currently on my mind is " Why the Undernet Newsletter Project isn't actually a newsletter ? " Could it be mail server bandwith ? As far as I know , it isn't that hard to upload and config a simple asp/php/whatever newsletter script and turn it on. The "newsletter" term itself states that , and it would be *WAY* more effective if people actually recieve mail regarding Undernet news rather than reading posted articles.

Btw , the article regarding the history of the Hip-Hop culture is surely out of league. The usercom staff should start verifying the facts before they publish the articles :)

We are a newsletter, not a newspaper. We gladly publish articles freely submitted by goodwill users, not news about how the world is coming along.

While we heartily appreciate your concern and suggestions, I hope you understand that we really struggle to bring up live bi-monthly with those article that users voluntarily wanna give to us. Likewise we try to efficiently use those resources, technical and of time, that we currently have available (we're volunteers also).

If you think you could donate resources or your spare time to us, we'd thank you very much. An article of your own could be a good start.

Regarding the newsletter-to-email system, we're currently making tests to evaluate the actual feasibility of this eventual feature. We're also working on many other more features we'd like to implement for our readers and followers' entertainment.

About the articles we publish, the opinions given in them are of the author and not of the newsletter staff nor of the Usercom at all. We can't and won't check out for the accuracy or veracity of the articles. We do, however, check out for copyright infringements, grammar or syntax mispellings and offensive contents or any other content that may be directly violating the Undernet Accepted Use Policy (AUP).

Finally, I deeply thank you for your comments and suggestions. Be sure we welcome any kind of constructive feedback from users that may help us improve the quality of our work and services.

Sincerely,

Carlos
Usercom representative
Newsletter editor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:23 pm 

There is no new Newsletter Logo. What is the reason? Wasn`t May 31st the deadline? I don`t see anywhere a result of this contest.

#UserGuide Trainee
kenv@kenv.net

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 12:25 am 
Newsletter Editor

The duration time for the votation part was from 1 to 3 weeks. However, there's a good news, it took less time. The winning logos have been selected by our staff members. Here are the winners:

Third position: 0006 - Rodolfo Ugarte (sKiLeR_FZ)
Second position: 0034 - B. B. Adnane (FasTK|LLeR)
First position: 0008 - Rodolfo Ugarte (sKiLeR_FZ)

The Undernet's Newsletter –UnderCurrents– logo for 2004 and upcoming editions is:

Our website will be soon updated with the logo above and some other informations so keep surfing on it regularly. You can also take a look at the other logos that have been submitted by browsing the gallery.

Finally, we would like to thank all the contestants for their participation, way to go!

Last edited by Patry on Fri Jun 25, 2004 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Undernet-Announce
PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:56 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Undernet-Announce mailing list is back. It has been maintained to inform the community about whatever is happening on the network. What are the advantages of being subscribed? You get exclusive news from committees and various projects.

Subscription is absolutely free! Send a mail to majordomo@undernet.org, leave subject blank and write subscribe undernet-announce in the body (nothing else otherwise your subscription will not work). Once you are done, you will receive a confirmation mail from Majordomo. NOTICE: only specified people can send mails to this list so don't try, it won't work.

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 9:08 pm 

The UnderCurrents' May/June edition is available in our website http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/current.php

Thanks everyone for your articles, keep sending them to us and have a happy reading.

Post subject: New articles for our newsletter
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:48 am 

Hey Everyone!! :lol:

How many people have ever had something outrageously funny happen to them in their life?

Something that would make the rest of us double over with laughter at reading your story?

IT could be something thta happened to you, a friend, a co-worker, something you saw or watched, just about antying?

Let us know about those stories! We would love to see everyone come up with their most emabarassing story, their nitwit story, just a plain DUH story that will make the next person laugh!

write that story for us on http://www.user-com.undernet.org//newsletter/submit.php

Thanks in advance,
Banjo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:20 pm 

My congratulations to Patry for having been appointed as the new newsletter project admin. Thanks for your words in the editorial, Mathy.

August edition is one sample of what people can expect from the new stage. And there's more to come.

The undernet-announce mailing list will ease reading of the newsletter for subscribers. Try it out.

Keep it up, folks. Excellent work, as usual !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2004 2:34 pm 
Newsletter Editor

A new edition is finally available on our website which is http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter -- We hope you enjoy it as much as we did bulding it. We wish you a merry Christmas and may all your wishes come true.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2004 9:38 pm 

I submited an article but i dont seeit published and i was wondering what is going on... anyone who can help me? If you need a more improved version or anything just name it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 3:21 am 

It doesn't mean that when you submit an article it will be publish right away.... there are lots of users who were submitting an article not only you so expect the unexpected.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2004 6:07 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Indeed, lemuel took the words out of my mouth. When you submit an article for the UnderCurrents, we do not guarantee that your article will be on the issue. Different reasons can explain that fact. Not directly because it's boring but most of the time, not appropriated for the kind of issue we are about to publish. Just be patient and who knows, maybe one day it will be used. I hope it helped you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 10:02 am 

It did Patry 10x lemuel :D so good luck with undercurrents. I'm glad to see its back :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2004 11:22 am 

Np, you are welcome... keep submitting articles be sure it's not copyrighted and if it's copyrighted be sure you have the Author's authorization ( I encounter that one already )

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks.

Page 3 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next