All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:06 pm 

test test test test

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:41 pm 
Newsletter Editor

At the beginning, few years ago, the newsletter was only some text put on a site. Then we resolved to put it in HTML format, which was good, at that time. Programming evolved and we are now at PHP. The display is acceptable but not quite a real newsletter, comparing to some other on the net. The layout is getting old and we need a facelift. We can't do this all alone.

We have got ideas from the entire Undernet User Committee but we would like to hear from you now, the users. Take some of your time to reply this post telling us what you like about the newsletter and of course what you dislike about it. Don't forget about what is missing, how you see the new UnderCurrents display, etc. Everything that could help improving it will be accepted. We need detailed informations! We expect many replies as the newsletter is representing the network and of course, we want a good image of it.

I also take the opportunity to announce that we enabled the B, i and u BBCodes on the submitting-articles-page. Yeah! Just like the ones you use on this forum. Although, we would ask you not to abuse and to make sure your tags are closed when using them.

Thank you and we hope to get many replies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:15 pm 

I would like to comment and discuss on the articles, a comment function for each document/article will be fine.
Also having some visual things, like photographs, pictures etc. will make them more attractive.

Who is a lamer? -> http://www.lamerism.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:21 pm 

I agree with the pictures and i think that it needs more pages/articles per month. Also some interviews and games (like croswords or something like that) would be nice. Make it more like a newspaper (or magasin). Make a firstpage for each issue (in Photoshop or something like that). Furthermore, i think that there should be a page like january2005.php where is the 1st page. Then a link down with [ Next Page ] to go in the next page (a contains page for example that u can go everywhere from there) and ofcourse down of the page a [ Previous Page ] and a [ Next Page ] =) And also dont forget the credits in the end of the issue.

I hope you make it as best as possible. By the way, Patry when you said comparing to some other on the net, can you tell us an example so we see how other online newspapers are? Don't forget that most online newspapers are actual newspapers with a website.

Regards,
TheAbyss

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:19 pm 

Kewl, HTML codes is now added... and btw, will UnderCurrents release some issue this month? /me *wonders*

And what do you think about Monthly Publications/Issue? not enough articles were send out to newsletter@undernet.org? It's better we have it every month. And about the picture/images yeah I agree with that sounds cool for the article and users will be more interested in reading with images on it ( just like a newspaper ) but the filesize should be limited or else it could fit the whole page awww.. that sucks..

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:28 pm 

If the newpapers article be opened in another new window that would be better, also being able to set a background with the article would be nice. As TheAbyss stated, some games would be nice.

When I'll have some free time I'll try to code some games.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:40 pm 

I know there are online some croswords could be completed via web, or some other clasical newspaper games that could be coded. As about the new-window idea... I love it :-)

Something else i just thought: You could make (if possible) a monthly edition, and each 3 months there will be something like a magasin going toogether with the newspaper, and there the topics would be more gossippy and funny, and you can put pc/ps/xbox(or anything else) games reviews, cheats and places to download them, also some useful tools, a special page for web developers and maybe some advertises. This is just my personal oppinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 5:53 pm 

And I would like to add, what about a vote for a "Top 3 Articles" for every month? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:49 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Just for the record:

- Monthly edition: we thought about it already but it all depends in the activity of the users. If we don't have enough good articles, we won't publish an edition for the fun of it.

- Games: There are games available on the UserGuide website that will be soon moved to the official User Committee's Games project. Maybe jokes/funny stories would be interesting but we need to be careful, as the material contained may offend some readers.

- Next edition: We are working on a new edition and should be able to release it at the end of February (yeah, bi-monthly...). If you haven't sent your article yet, let's go, it is not too late!

You have good ideas, keep posting!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 7:41 am 

Kewl I have to finish one article and then submit it. Last month's release is quite cool. Keep the good work guys.

Regards,
lemuel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 12:26 pm 

TheAbyss wrote:
I agree with the pictures and i think that it needs more pages/articles per month. Also some interviews and games (like croswords or something like that) would be nice. Make it more like a newspaper (or magasin). Make a firstpage for each issue (in Photoshop or something like that). Furthermore, i think that there should be a page like january2005.php where is the 1st page. Then a link down with [ Next Page ] to go in the next page (a contains page for example that u can go everywhere from there) and ofcourse down of the page a [ Previous Page ] and a [ Next Page ] =) And also dont forget the credits in the end of the issue.

I hope you make it as best as possible. By the way, Patry when you said comparing to some other on the net, can you tell us an example so we see how other online newspapers are? Don't forget that most online newspapers are actual newspapers with a website.

Regards,
TheAbyss

Afaik, the UnderCurrents is a newsletter, not a newspaper. A more periodic release rate could be accomplisehd upon users contribution. Remember that the articles are from and for the users. The more you contribute, a better newsletter you will get.

Keep up the good work, folks. It's the way to go.

Post subject: Latest edition of the Undernet Newsletter
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 7:27 pm 
Forum Moderator

Dear undernetters,

Undernet's User Committee Newsletter proudly presents you the latest edition of the Newsletter. In this edition we have all kinds of articles, concerning the DCC protocol, web browsers, Game/Channel and Software reviews and cookery recipes too!
Enjoy reading them and feel free to post your comments here.
Everybody is welcome to write for the Newsletter. All you have to do is write your article then go to http://user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/submit.php and complete the empty spaces. We encourage you to test your skills and send us a sample of your article. If good, we'll have it published! Make your writings known all over the network!

`Dj
Newsletter staff
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter
newsletter@Undernet.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:21 pm 

at last.. wew.. I love reading about the web browsers issue hehehe.. now you can compare firefox and IE :)

Anyway I love both LOL that's why I installed 2 browsers on this puter..

Cyah and keep up the good work User-Com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 10:04 am 

Hi all, its been my desire to post something on Undernet. :) Thanks for giving us a chance :D well , im not shy : :lol: for indeed we have the freedom to express and share some insights on undernet users.

-=sNiTcH=-

Post subject: =)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:47 am 

it is a good idea is necessary just search subjects which can be interested by the majority of the users :p

Page 4 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next