It is currently Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:31 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Newsletter is not all about Undernet (you mentioned Promotions (or LiveEvents)). We also publish articles of different purposes (opinions, places, stories, etc.). With all the suggestions you provided, why don't you get a pencil and start writing? It would be quite interesting.

Last edited by Patry on Sun Dec 21, 2003 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Newsletter Interval responce
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 9:03 am 
Gohan wrote:
:classic: --- I think doing a monthly newsletter would be more helpful to users wondering how their network is changing, for the better, or worse... A monthly newletter will keep users more informed about promotions, and live events and will allow User-Com to let users know important information more rapidly......

Well Gohan, for this is http://www.undernet.org/news There you can see all news about Undernet Network.

Thank you for your interesting in Newsletter Project and we are waiting for your article. :D Don't be shy.. Take a pencil and write down something.. anything.. we will apreciate it. If you have no idea what to write about, read the Editor's Note of the last edition. Maybe an idea will cross your mind :wink:

Post subject: Undernet news direct to your mailbox :)
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 10:16 am 

Hello everyone,

I have a lil question here. On User-Com webpage I read this: The Newsletter Project - Undernet news direct to your mailbox !
Do you think it will be possible? :xmas: I'll be so hapy to receive Undernet news and articles in my mailbox!

You're great, I wish you to continue doing these things!

^miaou^

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 12:02 pm 

^miaou^, we will work hard to get the news delivery system working again in a near future. Thank you very much for your concern. Meanwhile, you can follow the newsletter from the webpage: http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/current.php

Happy reading

Gohan, thanks for your interest in the newsletter. Depending on the rate of contributions and the availability of enough articles and regular writers we will be more than glad to release a monthly edition of the newsletter. Until that happens, we are struggling to offer a bimonthly edition with the most interesting and up_to_date articles we can offer.

We welcome your feedback and concerns because it helps us improve the quality of our work. We also welcome your articles because it's precisely what the newsletter is made of. Articles for people like you written by people like you.

Enjoy the Newsletter

Carlos
http://www.user-com.undernet.org
newsletter@undernet.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 6:24 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Hello everyone,

On behalf of the User Committee's Newsletter project, we would like to introduce ourselves as the new staff to you all, to the Undernet Newsletter team that will be handling the project from now on. We believe that we have composed a team that will work well with all the Undernet community.

We are posting this on the forum for everyone to see, with requests for articles and/or updates. Your help will be very valuable and greatly appreciated and will serve to offer all our Undernet user community, with a Newsletter with the most interesting and up-to-date contents about the Undernet and beyond in each new edition.

We ask that all consider our requests about talking with us for articles. For without articles from everyone like you, we would not have a newsletter. We will be more than happy to suggest a topic, if you can not think of one on your own. We think that this could be a great endeavor to bridge any and all communication gaps (via the Newsletter) between all of Undernet representatives and the users for a better sense of what is going on around Undernet together and maybe cut down on problems all around.

We wish to say that the Newsletter staff will conduct ourselves professionally when we do articles/updates in each current edition. Nobody will ever be misrepresented incorrectly with the Newsletter.

We thank you for your time and watch for us from time to time to step into your world with a request or two. We would like to ask now, ahead of time that you please, take some time to stop and write an article (or more than one) for the Newsletter. Users and others like you will be thankful and glad you did. For it can be more fun than you imagined, once you get started, it can be quite addictive.

Thank you very much for your time and attention, and we hope to see an article from all of you soon,

The Newsletter Staff
newsletter@undernet.org
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter

Post subject: Things that might be coming?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2003 7:14 pm 

Hey All :o)

Along with the new staff at the User-Com Newsletter Project and all the informative articles everyone is writing (which we must say thanks for...we have a lot of them coming in daily), we are going to try to do a few fun things also.
By that I mean you'll just have to watch for it and catch the next edition, I will however give you one example. If it goes through and is approved we are going to try to start an Endless Story. Where the Newsletter people start a 2-3 paragraph story, post it and then we wait for the users to send in their ideas (all must be kept in good clean fun or it won't be used!) To finish the story for us from there. I think this will be a fun thing and generate a lot of interest in the Newsletter, besides all the informative articles we will have to go all together to make one great newsletter. If/when it comes out in the next edition...go check out the Endless Story introduction and then start sending in to complete the story posted! Should be a blast and hopefully make everyone laugh their heads off for a little humor in your day!

Banjo :o)
Newsletter Project Staff Member

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003 12:08 am 
Newsletter Editor

The User-Com's Newsletter project proudly presents the November's edition of the "UnderCurrents"! Fifteen interesting articles and an editorial compose this issue. Decorated with opinions, web programming, new movie and more! Plus, discover "The Endless Story", promises to offer a lot of fun and entertainment for all our IRC community. Take a look at it now at http://www.user-com.undernet.org//newsl ... urrent.php and thank you for reading us every months! :wink:

Also, if you want to contribute with your works, e-mail us to newsletter@undernet.org or visit our website at http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter

The Newsletter Staff

Last edited by Patry on Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 5:38 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Image Announcement: Newsletter Article Contest.

The Newsletter project wants to propose our IRC community the following idea. Every edition we will post on this forum with a different subject for articles. With this idea we would like to invite you all to write about it and submit your works to us. Our staff will read them all up and pick the best to be published in the next edition of the "UnderCurrents".

As all of you know, Christmas is coming very rapidly. You can guess that this edition's subject will be: "Christmas in your country". In your article, you'll have to explain what is the magic of Christmas for you, plus, the rituals, stories, decorations, food, et caetera. Do not forget about the "tech toys" you will offer or receive! Please be creative, we want to hear from you!
:xmas:
The Newsletter Staff
newsletter@undernet.org
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/

Last edited by Patry on Mon Jan 05, 2004 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2003 5:18 pm 
Hello to all Undernet Users!

It's been a while, no? Well, we worked a lot and now we are proudly to present you a special edition. Of course, December's edition is called Christmas Edition because you will find there 18 articles about christmas traditions in different countries. Also, you can read some articles about Panama, Constanta (Romania), the new star 50 Cent and many more. If we did not get your attention, check this out! You can read an interview with Undernet User Committee co-ordinator, Cynthia. Enjoy the issue!

PS: You did not write us an article? Would you like to contribute to the next edition or simply test your writing skills? Yes, you do? It is quite simple. Just write down the article (about whatever you think it's interesting) and submit it at: http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/submit.php - Who knows, maybe your name will be in the next edition.

The whole Undernet User Committee staff wishes you all a merry christmas and a happy new year!

Newsletter Project Staff
For questions/suggestions feel free to email us at newsletter@undernet.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:23 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Image Announcement: Newsletter Article Contest.

First of all, we would like to thank all of those who contributed to the Christmas Special edition of the "UnderCurrents".

Secondly, subject of the month will be: "Peace". Isn't it vagueness? In your article, you could tell us about what would be the real peace for you on this planet (how can you arrive to this end), why we do not have a total world of peace at the moment, et caetera.

You can submit your art to our Submit an Article website section. Please take note that all copied articles will not be considered by our staff unless you have the authorization of its original author.
The Newsletter Staff
newsletter@undernet.org
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:50 pm 

Hello Folks,

The Usercom's newsletter staff would like to invite everyone to give us your feedback about our project. For those of you who (yet) don't know us, we are in charge of composing, editing and publishing THE UNDERCURRENTS, the newsletter brought to you under the sponsorship of the Undernet's User committee.

Please, vote on the poll recently set up in the http://www.undernet.org page. We thank you in advance for your time and attention.

The newsletter is released bi-monthly and you can read about us at http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter, or email us to newsletter@undernet.org

If you so prefer, you can also use this forum section to tell us about your likes and dislikes for future articles and topics to write about.

Kind regards

Carlos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:04 pm 
Newsletter Editor

The January/February edition has been released! You can read it from http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/current.php now so enjoy and feel free to comment on it right here, on the forum or by mail.

We also invite everybody to write article and submit it for the future issues. You can write about whatever you want so please, contribute! :)

Moreover, we would like to remind you (or announce for those who didn't know), that the Newsletter organized a logo contest. Read the link for further informations.

The Newsletter Staff
newsletter@undernet.org

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2004 5:16 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Release
The March/April (Spring) edition of the UnderCurrents has been released some time ago. You can read it from http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/current.php - We hope you will all enjoy it!

Reminder
We would like to remind you that the logo contest is not ever yet. The deadline is May 31st, 2004. Find the complete informations on the Undernet website.

Articles
Once again, we are asking you - the Undernet users - to write articles for our next issue. Don't be shy, write about whatever you want! We expect many submissions from you though. Submit your article by clicking here.

Feedback
Recently, we settled a poll on the Undernet website to know the forces and lacks of the newsletter. According to the results:
Quote:
What do you think of the Undernet newsletter?

I didn't know the Undernet had a newsletter
Votes: 336
Percentage: 40%
Boring, I never read it
Votes: 254
Percentage: 30%
Very interesting, I never miss their articles
Votes: 115
Percentage: 14%
Pass
Votes: 87
Percentage: 10%
Too techie for me, I read it every now and then
Votes: 42
Percentage: 5%

We arrived to the following conclusions:
- We need the newsletter to be more known, spread it around;
- We need to vary the subjects to be more interesting;
- We need to extend the articles' subjects.

We would like to thank you in your participation however we would like to know what would please YOU, as an UnderCurrents reader! New establishments or a specific subject you would like us to write about? Bring us something new and fresh! All ideas and suggestions should be pointed out here (on the forum) or by e-mail ( newsletter@undernet.org ).

The Newsletter Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:31 pm 

Hello,

First and foremost, I would like to thank you for the interesting current issue! :) I didn't have enough time to read it, but I'll do that in the next few days. The titles of the articles cover various themes and fields of life, computers, soul, etcaetera.

I would like to submit an article, but I have a small question. I can provide pictures for this article, pictures token by me. They are in my personal collection. The article would be more interesting this way, I think!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2004 10:42 pm 

So far , so good. The only question that's currently on my mind is " Why the Undernet Newsletter Project isn't actually a newsletter ? " Could it be mail server bandwith ? As far as I know , it isn't that hard to upload and config a simple asp/php/whatever newsletter script and turn it on. The "newsletter" term itself states that , and it would be *WAY* more effective if people actually recieve mail regarding Undernet news rather than reading posted articles.

Btw , the article regarding the history of the Hip-Hop culture is surely out of league. The usercom staff should start verifying the facts before they publish the articles :)

Page 2 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next