It is currently Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:37 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Newsletter - www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter
PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2002 12:23 am 
Users Committee Co-Ordinator

Newsletter is a Usercom project. We have a team that searches for articles of interest ranging from IRC related items to your favourite recipe. Undercurrents has a new feature that you can submit your article directly on the site where it is put into a database and edited for the next issue. Don't be shy, submit an article !!!

Post subject: Re: UnderCurrents - www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2003 4:04 pm 

Cynthia wrote:
Newsletter is a Usercom project. We have a team that searches for articles of interest ranging from IRC related items to your favourite recipe. Undercurrents has a new feature that you can submit your article directly on the site where it is put into a database and edited for the next issue. Don't be shy, submit an article !!!

it is a good idea is necessary just search subjects which can be interested by the majority of the users :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2003 1:54 pm 

Of course it's a good idea.
And along the history of this project were very interesting articles concerning tech stuff and not-so-tech stuff.
Im my humble oppinion, so far the newsletters covered a large area of tastes, going from articles about cities, to articles about news on the Undernet's life, to articles about IRC coding, about netiquette and more.
What you are seeing now in the Archives section ( http://www.user-com.undernet.org//newsl ... rchive.php ) is just a verry small part of the articles posted along the way.
Maybe it's because the fact that the articles were condensed to 'eat' less resources or maybe it's because some of the articles were lost.
I personally wouldn't know the exact reasons for this 'cut' but I'm sure that there are good reasons for this. :oldman:

-----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
Version: 3.12
GCM d-- s+:- a- C++ UL P+ L++ E W++ N+ o-- K- w
O- M V PS+++ PE Y+ PGP t 5 X+ R tv-- b++ DI++ D+
G e++ h r- y+
------END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2003 2:48 pm 

It is a very good idea. I think this will open a new line of interest for people to actually do something for Undernet, not to it (if you know what I mean). I know there are a lot of good NEws Reporters out there, I think this could allow them to test their skills with good articles, and how to edit them. I like this... Very good :wink:

Post subject: again me ;)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 2:11 pm 
Forum Moderator

btw , as Eastern is coming... it would be nice if we'll get alot of articles hehe ... just leave the bots alone and get the pencil :devil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2003 9:59 am 

Hi Undernetters, this is a call for everyone wanting fame and glory *G*
The Newsletter project always welcomes new writters that may share their works with us. Write an article about your favourite subject, preferable IRC/computing related (but it can be any), and send it to us ( newsletter@undernet.org ) or post it directly to the site database ( http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter ).

We will review (proofread) your article and compose a fair new edition of the UnderCurrents so that you'll see your name shown full of glamour and glory ;)

Come on !! Don't be shy !! This is your great opportunity !! We will look forward to reading you ;)

Post subject: =)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 12:23 am 
#Userguide Member

/me is a bit shy !!! :)

:: sKiLeR_FZ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 5:10 pm 
Newsletter Editor

A new issue is now avalaible! Articles, opinions, stories, tutorials and more. You can read it here.

Thanks to our writers and keep on writing please! :wink: For those who would like to test their skills, visit http://www.user-com.undernet.org//newsletter/submit.php or send an e-mail to newsletter@undernet.org
_____
Patry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 8:26 am 

Kahr,

That big picture isnt your signature is it ?

If so its way to big.

Post subject: Signature
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 1:24 pm 
Forum Super Moderator

Simba, I am afraid that is Kahr's signature now. In http://www.undernet.org/forum/viewtopic ... ight=#7331 I stated to Kahr:
Quote:
Personally, I think you have shown us a perfect example of a signature that should not be allowed in a forum. Forums are for exchange of ideas, not artwork. The above signature is larger than the entire message, it seems to be 2 signatures for one person, and it spams. I could add more, but I think you all 'get the picture.'

But as yet, there has been no reply from him.

Eenie
:)

Post subject: greetz
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2003 8:56 pm 

howdyz folks :)

i just passed the ug test and i`m surfin on the site:)

interesting topic but few god ideas:(
ill be posting in too from now on:) i just got me a new user on the forum

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 12:07 pm 
Newsletter Editor

Hi Dear Undernet's users. The Usercom's Newsletter project are looking for interesting articles and/or eager dedicated writers for the Newsletter.
If you think you have good writing skills and want your articles to be
read and enjoyed by the Undernet community, this is your choice.

Contributing it's very simple, here are the steps:

1- Go to http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter/ ;
2- Click on the link "Submit an Article" in the menu on your left ;
3- Write your name or nickname (Author), the subject or title of your
article and the article itself ;
4- When you are done, click on "Submit Article" button.

If you have more questions, visit
http://www.user-com.undernet.org/newsletter or e-mail us at newsletter@undernet.org
We appreciate in advance your willing to contribute and help!

The Newsletter project staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2003 2:08 pm 
Forum Moderator

I am waiting for the new newsletter to be released (I heard this will happen on 1st November). I hope all of us will find some interesting articles there written on different kind of themes. Oh , and one more thing. What do you think 'bout the fact that some pictures could be integrated in an article and than be posted on the Undernet (UserCom) Newsletter??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 1:37 am 
Newsletter Editor

We are currently working on the next issue. We are wondering if we should do a bi-monthly or a monthly issue. In fact, it depends on the users who are willing to write articles. We also thought about a new project called "The Endless Story". Further informations will be available soon.

As for the pictures integrated in the articles. We also thought about that and it will be possible in a near future. Indeed, we are working with webmasters to build this new idea.

Do you want to test your writing skills? Send us some articles! You can also contact us everytime at newsletter@undernet.org if you have any questions or suggestions.

Mathieu

Last edited by Patry on Mon Nov 03, 2003 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Newsletter Interval responce
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:48 pm 

:classic: --- I think doing a monthly newsletter would be more helpful to users wondering how their network is changing, for the better, or worse... A monthly newletter will keep users more informed about promotions, and live events and will allow User-Com to let users know important information more rapidly. I am not 100% sure how the current newsletter is headed out, and in what formet, but I do believe the best way would be to send HTML-Based E-Mails to the subscribers of the newsletter. Also, The news letter ought to include information about server changes, Promotions, Events, And other need-to-know information that will benefit undernet's respected users.

Page 1 of 5 [ 72 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next